Chapter 7

As much as it was a cliché, driving on the other side of the road was really strange. I was also nervous, which was new to me. I have always been in control, I was a very strong woman, but Harry Styles was making me God damn nervous. Seriously get your shit together I thought. I was overanalyzing the situation. He probably wasn’t thinking about the fact that this was kind of a date at all. I mean really all it was, was getting coffee with someone who I am going to be spending 99% of my life with for the next year. That’s what you do. I hang out with my guy friends all the time what is the difference. Oh the difference he’s Harry Styles. I then realized I looked really strange moving my head around, making different faces as I played out the situation in my head. I gave Harry a quick side smile and then broke the silence.

“Sorry just going over some stuff in my head.”

“Haha that’s a relief. I thought you were having a head spasm.”

“Come on you know it wasn’t that weird.”

“I don’t know it was like watching someone have a conversation in silence by themselves. So ya I would say it was pretty weird.”

“Fine. So it is but I do it a lot.”

“Are you usually stressed?”

“I mean kind of. I always have class and my full time job, and I like to be in control. That’s how I got my job. I am in control, that’s the first thing you have to do as a woman in this world, establish control or you won’t get very far.”

“Damn I have never even thought about stuff like that. I mean I never even got to applying for university, and school was always an afterthought. While we were on x factor I guess I felt some pressure, but there was such a huge fan base and Simon had already promised a contract so I really didn’t feel that stressed. I mean our fans completely take all the stress away, because I am twenty year who does what they want. I have control without asking for it.”

I started laughing. Before he questioned me, “Why are you laughing.”

“I mean my life is hard, but not that hard. You didn’t need to just start undermining yourself. That is totally not where I was going.”

“Wow! I thought we were having a heart to heart there, but you ruined it.” He replied sarcastically.

“Soiled it. Soiled it.” I said with my best SpongeBob imitation.

“Oh my god. Did you just quote SpongeBob?”

Without any shame I said, “Of course!”

“You get better and better every time we talk.”

“I will take that as a compliment.”

I parallel parked with perfect skill right in front of the local tea place Harry had taken me to.  Harry and I got out of the car and made our way inside. Harry had put his sunglasses on and pulled up his hood. I knew we had about ten minutes to get in an out before being noticed and attracting a mass of screaming fans.

“Alright so I know I may have said coffee but we both know I was lying so you are at least going to try the breakfast tea.”

 “Okay, but I am telling you now I really don’t like tea so don’t go getting your feelings hurt.”