Chapter 5

I arrived again 30 minutes early, but this time was taken to the bus, that carried all of the clothes for the tour, which was a massive amount. I quickly got to work in no time I had five outfits each one unique for a boy, but similar enough to represent them as a band. I knew that for most of the tour shows they would be wearing the same thing, so I loved getting to pick out the clothes for special events.

            The boys arrived and were quick to put their clothes on leaving about thirty minutes for them to fall asleep once again. There was little conversation until they were called for sound check.

            My mouth dropped I had never hear them sing live or so intimate. It was beautiful and clearly showcased their talent.

            The show began and hoards of fans began pilling up outside the tiny studio’s windows. I knew that when they were done performing their would be at least two hours of meet and greets, but I guess that is what you get when your that famous.

            The boys exited the stage and walked over to where I was standing with several other people.

            “Good morning, sunshine.” Harry said.

            “Good Morning. Do you guys ever have coffee around here.”

            “Its right over there.”

            “Shit I have been looking for this for like an hour.” I said as I made the short walk and poured myself a cup.

            “What is that. Bitter in a cup. You seriously drink your coffee black.”

I nodded slightly while gulping down the hot liquid.

            “You work to hard if you resort to drinking that shit.” Harry said.

            I laughed for a second before responding, “Its like God’s gift to humans. No one should ever insult black coffee like that.” I faked a hurt expression as he slowly leaned back against the counter like I was and our arms became were dangerously close. I was in control all the time, but right now I began to feel nervous. He was just so damn attractive and that accent. I wanted to jump him right then, but for obvious reasons contained myself.  

            “Maybe sometime we could go for some real coffee. Like the kind with sugar and cream and well it will probably just end up being tea.”

            “Wow. Even though you insulted my life support I guess I can try something ‘real’ or whatever.”

            “Good. I look forward to expanding your horizons. I have to get back over there now answer some questions. Blah blah blah.”

            “Have a blast.” I called sarcastically after him.  He turned his head letting out a little laugh and held up a hand acknowledging my last comment.

            After he was gone I regained all composure and starting thinking about whether that was flirting or not. I couldn’t let myself get too far down that rabbit hole flirting was one thing getting my hopes up completely different. I looked around the room and started thinking. A stage manager! Definitely! That was my level, not Harry styles. Now all I had to do was find a cute one.  

            The show ended and that is when I was introduced to complete pandemonium. I am just there stylist but that doesn’t mean it any easier to walk the 20 meters from the doors to the tour bus.  The crew all headed out first. As we opened the doors we were greeted by a slur of boo’s, but of course I am not a member of the most popular boy band in the world so that was to be expected.  After fighting our way to our respective busses the boys came out. I watched in sheer horror, as they seemed to get swallowed up by hundreds of screaming girls. However they battled their way through stopping to greet many of the fans. They quickly hopped up the stairs. It took me a second to realize I was on the exact same bus.

            I went over to Paul their manager, to figure out why lowly old me was on their bus. “Hey Paul is there a reason I am sharing a bus with them.”

            “Well Miss. Nina all of us as in management will be back and forth flying from London to shows, you aren’t part of the labor crew, and you aren’t a back up dancer and their busses were all full. The boys usually just take up the bunks so you get the bedroom in the back for privacy and all.”

            “You mean I get a room over the people who are actually you know famous and why I get a paycheck.”

            “Yep pretty much. They are a whole bunch of 20 year old boys do you think they care at all. Oh and I would by some Febreeze.”
            “Alright then thanks for that pointer.”

He gave me a nod and a smile and then exited the bus and got into a car.  Then I grabbed my bag and was off to the back bedroom before the boys even turned around. I shut the door and about two minutes later I felt the bus pull out. Here we go I thought.

            There was a small closet and I put my several suitcases. Yes I over packed, but clothes are my job and let me tell you there is now way to be over prepared.  After I was finished organizing I put on some running tights and a t-shirt. I knew the only way I was going to get dinner was to leave my room. So I began mentally preparing myself to go out and see the boys.  

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thanks for reading!! Is getting coffee a date?!?!?! More action coming soon

~Sophia