CHAPTER 7

'You are crazy.' She makes a face. 'How can you not see how hot he is? We'll work on his floor and get to see him all the time. Oh God!' Lana, my team mate squeals excitedly.

'Fine. He's hot.' I agree begrudgingly. We have been at this for five minutes straight. There is no point arguing with her. Gosh, she is so stubborn! Is she my best friend's twin sister or something? 

We all are moving some of our important files on Caden floors, much to my horror and on top of that Lana starts arguing with me about how hot Caden Davis is and how lucky we are to have him as our boss, completely oblivious of my discomfort about this matter.

But all things aside, I am also pretty sure, we won't be seeing Caden all the time, even though we will work with him on his floor but I don't feel like correcting her. She is so excited and it is infectious. Sadly, this time it is not touching me.

'You don't seem too thrilled about that. Are you ok?' She puts her hand on my arm in concern.

I fake an excited face. 'What are you talking about?' I try to laugh but she doesn't seem to budge.

I give up.

'I am just feeling angst about this project. You know, it is my first time being team leader and all.' I say the half truth which sadly, I am doing a lot lately, avoiding her eyes with great effort and smother my new top, I bought yesterday, with my hands.

I am worried about this project but I am more afraid of working on Caden's floor with him.

Frankly, I didn't imagine, today would be like this. But poor me, can only hope. This day has gone from bad to worst for me.

The funny thing is, I actually woke up in the morning with a determined mindset. I sat on the bed for a few moments, closing my eyes and took a deep breath, letting go of all of my worries and decided to stay upbeat all day, to face any problem head on.

But it didn't take long for me to be proved wrong.

I came to office with a streaming latte in hand, feeling proud of myself for making breakfast early in the morning in a while (I was missing breakfast for the last two weeks) and was looking through my planner about my ideas to reminisce; I would hate to be looked like I was unprepared for the project when I knocked over Alec, spilling the coffee on him along the way.

He didn't say anything, just gave me a look with narrowed eyes, muttered a few curses under his breath and left to change his shirt without saying anything.

I couldn't even drink my beloved coffee, sigh.

Like it wasn't enough, Drake informed us the bad news that Caden told him, this project was very important and he wanted to supervise it personally.

And that means, of course, the new team will work on this project on his floor.

Just great.

We are now moving all our things on our new working place, he made up on his floor. He is using seventy fifth floor all to himself. So space is not a problem at all.

The problem is he himself, of what he would do to me when I have to see him all day, all the time.

And how I would handle the situation.

I am organising my new table, distractingly, thinking of what to do when Lana attracts my attention by tapping on my back.

I look at her startled. 'Hey.' I look at her questioningly.

'I called your name a few times but you weren't listening.'

'Sorry.' I sheepishly reply. 'I was distracted. Do you need anything?'