eight

"do you like me, minhee?"

"w-w-w-what?" minhee stammered, his face pale.

I've been found out so fast?? He thought.

"u-uh..." he looked away, fanning his now red cheeks.

"just tell me, minhee. Do you like me?" she asked again.

"I..." he trailed off.

"yes I do." he sighed and was afraid to look at serin.

His cheeks were fully red.

She laughed at how cute he looked when he was flustered.

"minhee, look at me."

He slowly turned around to face serin. He smiled nervously at her.

"it's okay if you don't like me back..."

This was when serin started to question her feelings for minhee.

Do I really like him as just a friend?

Or is it something more...

When he hugged me, it felt different than a friendly hug.

"I'm not sure yet. I'm sorry minhee. I need to figure out my feelings first." she told minhee.

He nodded, hopeful. This means that...she didn't totally reject me.

I still have a chance. He thought.

"Kim Serin, I'll make you fall for me." minhee said, suddenly feeling confident.

He winked at her, and she turned red immediately.

Minhee, why do you do this to me?

"serin, a week is up. You have to go to school now."

"oh, right." serin groaned. Her mother had allowed her to stop attending school for the first week she moved in with the boys, so she could get comfortable. But the week flew past quickly, and now she had to attend school again.

"oh right, I almost forgot. You will be attending school with those boys,as your old school was too far from the house." serin's mother told her.

"what?? I'm moving schools??" Serin said in disbelief.

"serin, you will only be attending there for a year, until me and your father come back. You have the boys to keep you company too." her mother replied.

Serin sighed and replied with a "okay".

"you will be attending there starting tommorow. A school uniform will be mailed to the apartment." serin's mother then said.

Serin nodded although her mother couldn't see her nod. "alright, mom. I'll check the front door to see if it's there." then hung up.

Sure enough, her new uniform was there. She took the parcel and ran into the toilet to try it on.

"woah..." serin gasped in amazement.

The uniform consisted of a short sleeved shirt with a tie, and a plaid blue skirt.

She twirled around. "this is much better than the crappy uniform from my old school!" she muttered to herself.

She was determined to make a good impression to her new schoolmates, so she decided to wake up early to get ready.

Serin woke up to the sound of her phone alarm. She quickly shut it off so minhee wouldn't wake up. She smiled at his sleeping figure.

"I'm sorry minhee, for making you wait." she whispered quietly then went to the toilet again to get ready.

Little did she know, he was half awake.

After showering, serin started working on her appearance.

"Should I clip up my bangs? Or just let it be?" Serin mummered while trying to figure out what hairstyle would better.

"I'm just going to leave them." she decided with a firm nod.

"next, makeup."

Serin put on her foundation, then mascara and lip tint. She didn't want her makeup to be too bold.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror. That's when minhee suddenly walked in.

"hey serin. What are you doing?" minhee said sleepily while rubbing his eyes.

"minhee! You scared me. I was getting ready for school." serin replied, adjusting her bangs.

"wait, school? I thought you weren't going to school?" he asked.

"my mom told me that I had to go to school starting today." serin replied, a smile on her face.

"oh, so you'll be attending our school?" he asked again to which serin nodded.

"I love the uniforms!" she happily said, twirling around.

Minhee chuckled at her antics and patted her hair.

"look! You messed up my hair!" serin groaned, trying to hide her red ears.

"sorry serin, didn't mean to." minhee apologised and grinned.

"I have to get ready for school too. See you later." minhee said again, walking out of the bathroom.

Serin smiled at minhee when he was leaving. When he left, she turned back to the mirror and asked herself, "do I like minhee?"

When serin went to the dining room to have her breakfast, she didn't see anyone, so she expected them to have left already.

"oh yeah, they must have taken seungwoo's car." she muttered, dumping cereal into her bowl.

Suddenly, she heard a door creak open. She immediately stopped eating and froze.

"w-who's there?" she said as loud as she could. She was shaking from fear. I'm the only one in the house...right?she thought.

She grabbed a frying pan from the kitchen and held her breath.

When she saw a shadow approaching the dining room, she jumped up from her seat and almost hit the person with the frying pan,

When he shouted, "STOP!"

she put the frying pan down and stared at the person.

The person was minhee.

"oh hey, minhee..." she said sheepishly.

"serin, why were you about to smack me with a frying pan?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow at the frying pan in her hands.

"heh...i thought I was the only person in the house, so when I heard a door open, I thought it was a robber or something." she said, rubbing her neck.

"haha, your so cute serin." minhee said, then covered his mouth.

Serin turned into a human tomato at his statement. "thank you...?" she responded.

"I'm sorry serin! I didn't mean to say that out loud."minhee said then bowed slightly.

minhee, why do you have to be so cute....

"anyways, why haven't you left yet?" serin said quickly, shaking her head to dismiss the thought.

Minhee seemed amused at her actions and replied, "I wanted to wait for you."

"minhee, you didn't have to..." serin told minhee, looking at him.

"nah, it's nothing. Anyways, I like you, so why would I let you walk to school alone?" he responded, chuckling.

"o-oh...right..." serin replied and blushed furiously. She almost forgot that minhee had a crush on her.

He smiled at her and grabbed her hand.

"let's go! Or we'll be late!" he said happily, running off with her hand in his.

She blushed even more furiously, letting herself get dragged to school by minhee.