ten

serin nervously fiddled around with her bag strap while waiting for the person, or rather, boy, to arrive.

that's when a boy with black hair walked into the office, causing serin to stand up immediately.

"hey." he greeted nonchalantly. She bowed nervously and introduced herself. "hello, my name is kim serin!"

he nodded and shook her hand. "hwang yunseong."

she smiled at yunseong and walked out of the office behind him.

minhee was waiting patiently for serin to come out so he could show her around the school.

but he didn't expect her to walk out with hwang yunseong.

dang, that's the school's famous bad boy. he thought as he stared at them.

serin was feeling uncomfortable with the silence. She decided to speak up.

"yunseong, where are we going?" she asked, which he replied with a "around the school, duh."

She nodded timidly at him and continued to walk behind him.

he seems so rude. she thought.

That's when she noticed minhee, who was staring at them, or rather yunseong, with an uneasy look.

She decided to invite minhee to walk with them so it wouldn't be awkward.

"hey, minhee!" serin waved at him with a big smile.

Minhee finally stopped looking at yunseong and instead diverted his gaze towards serin. "yes, serin?" he smiled.

"why don't you join us?" she beamed then looked at yunseong, who simply shrugged.

Minhee happily skipped towards them and started a conversation with serin.

Yunseong was annoyed. Why was kang minhee, the school's most popular boy, talking to someone new?

Minhee was talking about the school library when yunseong rudely inturrupted.

"excuse me, but i'm her guide for today, not you." he snapped.

Serin looked surprised while minhee just raised an eyebrow.

"so if you'll excuse me, please don't keep talking to her." he said, crossing his arms.

"well, mister, it seemed like you weren't even showing her around the school, so I helped with your job." minhee responded, arms akimbo.

Serin was confused as to why yunseong suddenly told minhee to stop.

She glanced at both of them nervously.

"I don't need your help." yunseong said coolly.

"it seemed like you did. Gosh, you don't even know how to show her around her school? It's such a simple task. Maybe you really have no brain." minhee smirked.

Yunseong was fuming before, but now, he was furious. How dare that blond idiot say that?

"you should think twice before saying stuff like that, you know?" yunseong chuckled then aimed his fist at minhee's face.

Serin gasped in horror when minhee stumbled back, a hand on his nose.

She peered closer and blood was oozing out of it.

Just as minhee was about to punch back, serin ran behind minhee and pulled him away by his arm.

Yunseong glared at minhee, who was being dragged to the nurse by serin.

"watch your back, kang."

Serin pulled minhee towards the lockers just as they wee reaching the office.

She was fuming.

"minhee, you should know better than to fight back." she scolded.

"he was being a heck of a jerk." he chuckled.

She glared at minhee and leaned closer to him.

He gulped nervously and turned red.

"you could have gotten seriously hurt." she whispered.

"I am only doing this because I am worried about you." her expression changed to a concerned one.

His heart skipped a beat smd his ears were completely red.

"t-thank you?" he gulped because their faces were only inches apart.

"can you breathe?" she asked again and touched his nose, to which he winced.

She took his hand and dragged him into the nurse's office.

"by the way, hod did you know it was here?" he laughed.

"you showed me here." she smiled.

He felt his heart beat faster than usual when he saw her smile.