twelve

serin tapped her pen on her table as she tried to stay focused in class.

"why is it so hard for teachers to make their lessons more interesting?" she muttered under her breath.

but one reason that she couldn't focus was that she kept thinking about...minhee?

she didn't want to admit it, but it was true. her mind always trailed back to thinking about her roommate, even when she didn't want to.

she glanced over at her seatmate, the one and only kang minhee. he looked so ethereal just listening to the teacher ramble.

minhee turned around to face serin, only to catch her staring at him with an amazed look on her face.

he chuckled and smiled cutely at her, which made her heart flutter.

she quickly turned around and cupped her face with her hands to hide the redness.

another time when she questioned her feelings for minhee again.

he's so cute, and kind... he makes my heart flutter and makes me blush too... do I... like him?

she jumped in shock when the teacher suddenly started talking louder than before.

"okay class! We'll be having a mock test now, about the topic I covered just now. If you have any questions, this is the perfect time to ask!" The teacher beamed.

serin froze in her seat. shit, I didn't hear anything!

I was too busy dreaming about the godly minhe- wait, huh?!

she thought it would be much too embarrassing to ask the teacher to re-explain the whole topic again, so she kept silent.

just then, minhee tapped her lightly and asked, with his gentle voice, "may I borrow a pen?"

minhee knew very well that he had many pens for backup incase one runs out of ink, but he wanted to talk to serin, so he pretended to not have one.

serin smiled gently at him which made him grin. her smallest actions, like a smile, a wink or just anything, made minhee's heart pound fast.

she looked through her pencil case to find the one with the most ink, which made minhee melt inside. aww. she's finding her best pen for me.

she handed him a pen and their hands came in contact with each other. minhee blushed and grinned while serin quickly pulled away and hid her face with her hair.

"kim serin and kang minhee, what are you doing? I asked you to get ready for out test!" the teacher suddenly called out.

the whole class was gawking at them, and most, if not all of the girls were glaring at serin. out of jealously? probably. minhee was popular and handsome.

serin nodded and muttered a "sorry" to the teacher and got ready her pen to start writing.

during the test, serin's mind was completely blank. well, not completely. it was filled with minhee. minhee! during a test, serin wasn't thinking of mathematical concepts. no, she thought about kang minhee.

serin knocked her brain out of frustration. why can't I stop thinking about that darn boy?

she stopped suddenly.

I must actually...like him...