In the Rain

"Let me ask you again... why didn't you bring an umbrella?"

To your ears, the rain seems like music, each little raindrop telling its own story as it hits the ground. As for Spencer Reid, who currently held a huge umbrella above his head, he probably didn't like the rain that much.

"Why would you want to bring an umbrella? The rain is mystical," you say to him, your attitude playful.

Reid raises an eyebrow. "The rain is disgusting. It smells funny and it's cold and the sky is so dark and dreary, and we don't know where we're going..." he trails off. "Why did you choose to walk to the inn? And how did you convince me? And how did Hotch allow this?"

You shrug, making eye contact with the very attractive male that's walking alongside you. "I like the rain. As for your participation and Hotch's approval... that's questionable." You give Reid a little cheeky smile before doing a twirl in the rain.

Reid just looks at you, struggling to contain his laughter. "You're soaked. Get under the umbrella, you'll get hypothermia."

Your petty self just looks at Reid and starts singing the song Singing in the Rain: "I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!"

He laughs at you, watching your every spin and twirl under the horrific weather. "I didn't know you sing."

You laugh at that remark. "I don't!"

Why Reid didn't like the rain was beyond you. How could anyone not like the rain? The pitter-patter sound of the raindrops hitting the ground is enough to calm a person. Yes, the sky is a little dark, but when did that stop people from liking the rain?

As you two walk along the sidewalk, street musicians that dismissed the rain start to play jazzy tunes that wow you. What else could you expect from Nashville, Tennessee?

"See? No one cares about the rain. If anything, it adds to the atmosphere!" you exclaim, a huge smile on your face. This was your ideal night date: walking along the sidewalk on a rainy day.

As for Reid, he just raises an eyebrow and smiles slightly. "Show me," he challenges.

You're taken back by his readiness. Spencer wasn't one to challenge people like that. He was normally withdrawn and silent. Seeing him with a confidence like this shocks you. Plus, it makes him ten times more attractive. Nonetheless, you snicker and hold out your hand. "Dance with me, then. One rule: no umbrella."

Reid's newly found confidence encouraged him to put down the umbrella and dance in the rain, which he did. The street musicians played appropriate music as you and Reid danced.

This dance wasn't any kind of slow dance, oh no. This dance included the spins and the dips and everything any teenage girl would imagine in a dance. Surprisingly, Reid's very good at dancing like this. It shocks you a little.

Soon enough, Reid's hair is soaked and his clothing is dripping wet as you two enjoy your dance. Everything is going wonderfully, until Reid grabs you and dips you unexpectedly, so you two are face to face.

"I've read enough books in my lifetime to know what every good dance ends with," he whispers, his voice low and extremely sexy.

Your lips curl into a mischievous smile as your mind goes places that it didn't predict. Who knows what Reid could be thinking? Curious, you whisper back, "Show me."

Without any hesitation, Reid lifts you up and smashes his lips against yours, sharing a passionate kiss between you two. You have no intent of holding anything back and apparently, neither does he.

Reid helps you hoist yourself up so you're both standing properly, but he was cautious to make sure that the kiss would not break. You two must've stayed kissing for several minutes, because by the time you two pull away, the rain seemed to halt and the clouds disappeared, revealing a night sky littered with stars. Reid looks up and admires the night sky, and you join him, watching the stars twinkle against the midnight sky.

You both look back at each other, soaking wet and out of breath. Reid smiles at you before pulling you closer and whispering in your ear,

"I guess I'll never forget what happened in the rain."