Game On

"I bet you twenty dollars that this was Garcia's idea," an unmotivated Spencer says through your phone.

"I bet you fifty!"

Recently, invitations to a game of laser tag were sent out to the team's homes with nothing but the standard "You're invited to a game of laser tag," the address of the place, general tips, and a secret code the team used to show that it wasn't a trap or anything of the such. It was pretty clear that someone from the team anonymously invited the rest of the team to laser tag. The current problem was finding out exactly who initiated this invite. You and Spencer are currently having a discussion about who it could've been over the telephone. Right now, all bets are pinned on Garcia.

"But if it wasn't Garcia, I honestly think that JJ would do this type of thing."

"JJ? Really?"

"Well, besides Garcia and JJ, there's Prentiss, Hotch, Morgan, and Rossi. Prentiss doesn't seem like the type of person to invite anyone anywhere. Morgan would just throw a party, he wouldn't choose only laser tag. Rossi would have us over for an extravagant dinner, and Hotch... well, need I say more?"

Your eyebrows raise a little. Clearly, Spencer thought this through before getting on the phone with you.

"But is JJ that kind of person?" you ask, scratching

"She could be. But it's probably Garcia."

"Agreed."

"Is it bad that I don't want to go?"

"What? Why not?"

"You already know how terrible my aim is with a normal gun. I can't imagine how terrible it would be with a laser."

"Oh shush. Am I still picking you up?"

"Indeed. I'm gonna go change into dark clothing like the invitation suggested. I'll see you in a few minutes, yeah?"

"Sounds good. I'll see you soon, Spence."

"Bye, (Y/N)."

Your favorite genius hung up the phone as you let out a sigh, a smile on your face. Phone calls with him were extremely enjoyable, even if they weren't about choosing with agent invited you to laser tag.

As the invitation suggested, you put on a black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. It wasn't unusual attire for you, but with the given circumstances, it certainly felt strange to wear. After tying your hair back, you realize that a sense of excitement fills your stomach. Who knew that you'd be so excited to play laser tag?

~ time skip ~

Of course, you went to pick up Reid from his apartment as promised. The drive over to the place consisted of you two belting your favorite songs in a jam session. It honestly was a great time, and you didn't think that you enjoyed a car ride anymore than that previous one.

Once you guys headed inside, the entire team was there to greet you. Various, "Hey guys!" and "You guys are five minutes late," greeted you from each agent.

Garcia seemed especially ecstatic about the laser tag, greeting you with an excited, "Oh my Lord, Boy Genius number one-eight-seven, you could make it! Oh, and hello to you, too, my darling (Y/N)."

Upon hearing this, you look up at Reid and smile. He looks back down at you with the same smile. Yeah, it was totally Garcia who dragged you all here.

After going through the safety procedures and making teams, which left you and Reid on opposing teams, the workers finally allowed you into the laser tag arena. The place was very dark, yes, but also huge. There were a thousand places to hide and about a million places to fire at your opponents from.

You make eye contact with Reid and mouth 'You're so going down.'

He just shook that perfect little head of his and smiled, mouthing back, 'Game on.'

Your team resided on the left, while Reid's team resided on the right. You found this thing that kind of resembled a wall that you could hide behind. You heard the buzzer sound, and the game was on.

You observe one of your teammates, Luke Alvez, start to advance his way forward. An eyebrow raised, you slowly stand up, so only your eyes are peeking over the wall that you were hiding behind. As you're looking, you see movement on the other side.

Quickly and quietly, you start to make your way over to the other team's territory, following in Luke's path.

Then, you spot someone. Who it is, you don't know, but they don't see you. You quickly hide behind another wall-thing before shooting lasers at them.

The person flicks around as they hear the fake noises of your gun shooting, also beginning to shoot. Little did you know that it was Spencer after all.

A laugh leaves your lips as you continuously shoot at him. You both find out that you've ran out of amo, wasting it on each other.

Now, you don't exactly know what happened. You were standing on the ground, but then, the next moment, you were hoisted up in the air, on Spencer's shoulder. He must've picked you up or something.

You screamed at the sudden realization, followed by a quick, "Spencer Reid! Put me down!" but you didn't expect him to listen. Instead, he stayed carrying you around, laughing as well.

That was when the buzzer went off. The first round was over: it was time to reset.

The second he put you down, he placed his hands on either side of your face and kissed you. Yeah, this shocked you, but you gladly kissed him back, your heart fluttering like a butterfly.

He pulled away and said, "I'm going down, huh?"

You raised an eyebrow before whispering back, "Game on."