Henry's Babysitters: Part 1

"He definitely pooped."

"You better be lying, Spence."

You should've just gone out for drinks. Prentiss, JJ, and Garcia decided to go out for drinks earlier today. JJ needed a baby-sitter to look after her son, Henry, since her husband had work business, so she asked you and Spencer Reid if you could watch him. You both made the big mistake of saying yes.

Now, it was late, Henry wasn't falling asleep, and he pooped everywhere and you don't know how to change a diaper. Thank God JJ left behind some help and some resources.

"I swear, (Y/N), he pooped."

You sigh, lift yourself off of the couch, and set the bottle of formula down on the ottoman in front of you. The second the bottle leaves Henry's mouth, he starts to cry. Panicking a little, you grab the little kit that JJ put together for this situation and the instructions attached to said kit.

"Step one," you read aloud. "Unbutton the bottom of his pajamas."

True to the instructions' words, there's a horizontal line of buttons near the crotch area of the pajamas. Listening to the steps given, you unbutton the three little buttons, showing the diaper. You pull the pajamas up, leaving the bottom half of Henry naked.

"Spencer," you call as you hold up the little piece of paper. "Read this to me, please."

Reid walks behind you and takes the little post-it from your fingers as he looks at the second step. "Step two: undo the sticky tabs on either side of the diaper. After this, it will unfold itself."

"What the hell does she mean by 'sticky tabs?'"

"Really, (Y/N)? Does it look like I know?"

"Nothing in that great big brain of yours knows how to change a baby's diaper?" you ask, panicking even more.

"Why would I read books about baby diapers?"

Little Henry Jareau screams as his legs flail around. You look at two tabs on both sides of the diaper, holding it all together. Are those the 'sticky tabs?' In hopes that they are, you carefully pull those back to reveal Henry's junk covered in poop. The smell of the feces escapes the diaper, and you and Spencer both gag in unison.

"Oh my God, that smell is horrendous!" gags Spencer, risking the chance of puking. He takes a few steps back to avoid any contact with it all.

"Don't tell me that, you're not the one cleaning it!" you yell as you look back at him. "What's the next step?"

Frantically, Spencer looks back down at the paper. "Uh, once the diaper is off, wipe up any poop around the junk area or butt."

You chuckle to yourself. Only JJ would call it the 'junk area.' Following the instructions, you wipe every little dirty spot you see on Henry's bottom and soon enough, it's squeaky clean.

Spencer must see this, because before you can tell him to start, he clears his throat. "Step four: dispose of the dirty diaper and put a new diaper on."

You silently curse in your head at the fact that you don't know how to put the new diaper on. Spencer walks up to the changing station and grabs the poop-filled diaper, clenching his nose shut with two fingers before disposing of the diaper. When he comes back, you're still trying to shove the diaper onto Henry's kicking legs.

Somehow, you find a way to get the diaper on and it doesn't come undone. Without wasting another second, you quickly snap his pajamas back together. "All clean!" you say to the little guy. You hoist him up and hold him, but he continues to cry and scream.

"Here, let me take him," offers Spencer, attempting to take him from your hands.

"Don't you dare!" you say, holding a tight grip on Henry, who's screaming bloody murder. "You didn't change his poopy diaper."

Spencer gives you a look that makes you want to snort. "You're really going to start regulating who holds Henry based on who changed his 'poopy diapers?'"

Although it's a struggle, you hold in your laughter at Spencer's remark and nod firmly. "Yes."

To your dismay, it doesn't take much for Spencer to somehow finagle Henry out of your arms.

You don't know what hit you, but as you look at Spencer holding little Henry, you see something in your favorite genius that you never have before: a father. In Spencer, you see a good dad and a great husband.

Wait, what? You shake yourself out of your little daydream. Did you seriously consider Spencer as a husband? It's not like you love him, but you're not discrediting his fatherly skills. All you were trying to think is that Spencer is just a friend to you and nothing more, but he will make a great dad one day. That's all. Nothing mo-

"Hush little baby, don't you cry, I am gonna sing you a lullaby..."

Your thoughts are halted by a lullaby. At the sound of soft singing, you look up to see Reid singing to little Henry. This sight just makes your heart melt. Yes, you now see an incredible father and the best husband anyone could ask for.

The best husband that you could ask for.

Soon enough, Spencer's singing fades as he walks further into the house. You follow the (almost) silent pair into Henry's room. The soft humming coming from Spencer's mouth disappears into the silence as you put the sleeping Henry in his little sleeper sack to keep him warm throughout the night. Quietly, you back out of his room and close the door.

Feeling victorious, you walk back into JJ's living room to see Spencer on the couch, resting his eyes. You could tell he was still awake by his breathing. God, he looks so peaceful. You sit yourself down next to him and lean your head on his shoulder. His eyes open slightly and notice your presence before closing again. He rests his head on yours and exhales.

"That was lots of fun," Reid mumbles, his voice all low and tired.

"It looked like you were having fun," you say, laughing a little as you recall the little scene of him singing to Henry.

"I was. Henry clearly loved my singing," he joked, still tired as ever.

You look up at Reid's face and smile. "You'll make a good dad someday, Spence."

Spencer's eyes open and look down at you with a spark of fondness. "And you'll make a phenomenal mother."

Maybe it's the fatigue that both of you have, or maybe it's just true feelings unshielding themselves, but you connect your lips in a sweet and quick kiss. You both know that it would go on a little bit longer, but you both are so exhausted that you fall asleep leaning on each other.