Runaway: Part 2

It felt like Spencer was getting a call every minute.

Ever since that eye-opening visit with (Y/N), the team was trying to identify (Y/N)'s brother, which is a tough job to do, seeing that (Y/N) refuses for give her brother's name and that there is no known sibling of (Y/N)'s.

Despite this, since (Y/N) ran away, the police fear that (Y/N) may be looked at as a target by the UnSub. They planned on putting (Y/N) in protective custody, but one thing led to another and the doctors said it would be best for her to go home instead of stay in a police station. Something about anxiety or something of the such. That's when Hotch told Reid to be (Y/N)'s night guard for the night. He wasn't too upset by it, because Spencer looked at this as an opportunity to strangle some information out of (Y/N).

Not literally strangle the information out. Just interrogate her to get her to spill her secrets.

Even though everything with (Y/N) had been decided and set up, she was still in the hospital, recovering from her salted wounds. She was humming to herself when Spencer hung up the phone, walked in, and sat down next to her, trying to get a moment alone with her. Hopefully, the next phone call he gets can wait a little bit.

"Am I going home?" (Y/N) asked, looking at Spencer with some kind of worry.

"In a bit," he answered. "The doctors just have to get a few things ready before I can take you home."

"You? Take me home?" she asked, cocking her head while looking at Spencer.

He nodded. "Yeah. The police fears that you might become a target since you escaped from the Un - uh - your brother. So I'm gonna be like your own night guard."

The girl didn't really seem to listen. In fact, her mind seemed elsewhere as she gazed out the hospital window.

"You know," she started, "as a kid, Dad was never home. He didn't drink or anything, he just was busy a lot of the time since Momma didn't work and we needed money. But when he did come home, it was always super important to me. So Momma and I would make him hot chocolate in the winter or a nice glass of lemonade in the summer. Sometimes, we'd make cookies or some kind of sweet treat and wait for him to come home. When he did, I'd jump up and give him a big hug. I missed him, you know?"

It was silent for a while. (Y/N) seemed to be shuffling through her past, trying to pin point why her brother was pushed to this point. What irked Spencer the most about this was how absentminded this sounded. It felt like (Y/N) was mentally somewhere else and not thinking about what she was saying.

It wasn't long before she started talking again. "Richie never joined us, which was fine, I suppose. Maybe he was never one for baking. But he never said hi to Dad when he came home. I always found that weird."

More silence filled the air before she continued with Richie's life story. "In fact, Richie never showed anyone love or passion except for Amanda Walker. I was an annoying little sister, so Richie never really talked to me, but in the rare case that he did, it was about Amanda Walker. My folks even liked Amanda Walker. Heck, everyone in town liked Amanda Walker. I always found it a little strange how my brother was attracted to someone who looked kind of like me, but I learned to get over myself and just be happy for them. I thought that they were gonna get married until Amanda Walker passed away shortly after they fell in love. Couple weeks ago marked her tenth anniversary of being gone. I tried to call Richie but he didn't pick up."

There was a slight pause that sent chills up Spencer's spine before (Y/N) said, "Wonder why."

Although Spencer didn't know what to say in this situation, doctors ushered in to conduct some kind of tests. He didn't really know why they were there, but it was whatever. He briskly exited the room and dialed Hotch's number.

"We're all here, Reid," that signature monotone voice answered.

"Does (Y/N) (L/N) have a brother that goes by Richie?" asked Spencer. "Full name might be Richard. She just went through her brother's life story with me and I think he's trying to get the love of his life back, Amanda Walker."

"Hole in one, Boy Genius," Garcia replied. "Name is Richard (L/N). He loved a girl named Amanda Walker who was murdered about ten years ago, and Amanda has a striking resemblance to our victims."

"Make sure (Y/N) gets home safely," Hotch instructed. "We're gonna find Richard."

Those three beeps sounded from the phone's speakers as Spencer stuffed his phone into his pocket. He walked back into the hospital room and smiled at the beauty.

"You're going home."

~ time skip ~

"You don't have to be so nice to me, you know."

Spencer looked over at (Y/N), who was already looking at him as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"What do you mean? It's my job to protect your life. That's exactly what I'll do."

(Y/N) smiled at him. "Thank you."

(Y/N)'s house was fairly small, but it was just her living in it. Despite the small size, the house seemed nice and cozy. The outside seemed nice and neat. (Y/N)'s porch was meticulously put together, with two chairs and a small table in between them. As the two walked in, Spencer observed how clean the house was.

"Well," Spencer started. "Just get some rest. I'll be here all night if you need anything."

Without any warning, (Y/N) hugged Spencer. Now, he wasn't much of a hugger, but Spencer made exceptions, so why not make this an exception? He wrapped his arms around the girl until she pulled back to plant a small kiss on his cheek.

"I'll kiss you on the lips when you aren't my body guard," (Y/N) said with a smile before skipping to her own room.

Yeah, he definitely loved her.