Deja Vu: Part 2

You know that guy.

Walking through the doors of the place is a familiar
face: a face that you swear that you've seen before. You immediately look at the eyes of said face and another ton of deja vu washes over you like a wave. Those eyes... you've definitely seen them before. That coffee color of brown and that signature glint of knowledge and ambition isn't something that you see everyday in people's eyes. His hair was somewhat messy, arranged in every which way. The way he even holds himself seems familiar. Everything about him just seems so familiar, yet so distant.

His eyes lock with yours and he stops. Just like you did to him, he studies you, his eyes searching up and down your body. He wasn't "checking you out" per se, he was just reading you, like a book.

After a few minutes of studying you, his unknown but somehow known man keeps walking but maintains the strong eye contact that you two have created. That eye contact is only broken when he takes a seat in front of your desk and sets down his satchel next to his seat, but once he's all settled in, he looks up at you again, this time with a nice smile.

"Welcome to the BAU. I'm Dr. Spencer Reid."

You knew that name. It rang so many bells, but you couldn't put your finger on it. Not only did his name ring bells, his name caused your heart to flutter like a hummingbird's wings.

Trying to ignore your own shock to his name, you smile at him. "Thank you for having me. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

At the mention of your name, his posture changes and he looks down. You two definitely knew each other in the past.

But who is he?

Before you're able to put your finger on it, a woman approaches you. Her black hair is tied into a perfect ponytail, with bangs grazing her forehead. She wore a slight smile.

"Hi there. You're Agent (L/N), I suppose?"

You stand and smile nervously. "Yes, that is me!"

The woman smiles and shakes your hand. "I'm Agent Emily Prentiss. It's great to meet you."

"Likewise," you say as another woman makes her way over to you. She had blonde hair that played on her shoulders and a loving smile. Once Agent Prentiss sees the blonde agent walking over, she nods her head towards you and walks away.

"Welcome to the BAU, Agent (L/N). I'm Agent Jennifer Jareau, but everyone here calls me JJ. It's a pleasure to meet you."

You smile at her. "The pleasure's all mine."

The blonde - er, JJ - directs your attention to a muscley man not too far from you and an older man. "That's Agent Derek Morgan. Next to him is Agent David Rossi. You've met Hotch, now all you gotta do is meet Garcia. Unfortunately, she's not in today."

You look at JJ and smile. "I'll just have to meet her later. Thank you, JJ."

She nods and smiles at you before walking away. Where, you didn't know, but the delightful part of it all is that you didn't have to know.

The man across from you clears his throat.

You whirl around at the sound of someone getting your attention, only to lock eyes with Spencer Reid again. His name was so familiar to you that it made you slightly nervous.

"Would you, uh, like to come over to my place tonight? Not for anything weird, really, just to help you out with the new job and everything since I know how hard it is to assimilate to an environment like this and all." He smiles at you.

Everything about him reminds you of someone that you knew. But alas, no dots were connected, so you were still left clueless.

"Yeah, sure! I'd love to!" you say, partially excited to spend more time with a fellow agent and partially excited to figure out who Spencer Reid was to you in the past.

"Great!" he exclaims. "Here's my address. I'll see you later then."

You smile at him. "Of course."

~ time skip ~

Your knuckles hurt a little bit as you knock on the door in front of you, apparently belonging to Spencer Reid.

This was the address and the apartment number he gave you, so hopefully you got everything right and you didn't mess up. Because that would be pretty embarrassing.

Luckily, you did find the right place, because Spencer opened the door and lit up when he saw you. "Hey!"

"Hi," you say, all smiley. "May I come in?"

Spencer opens the door fully and steps aside for you. You walk in, examining the place. Books were littered everywhere. Maps were all over the walls - all things that were very sophisticated.

The sound of the door closing causes you to spin around. That same initial eye contact is created between you two again.

"I know you, don't I?" he says.

"Maybe, but I believe I know you, too," you respond.

Spencer walks closer to you, studying you again. You do the same, trying to find some aspect of him that would help you remember who he was to you.

"But who were you to me?" you add.

It almost feels like gravity or some other force is pushing you two closer to each other, because within minutes, your faces are merely inches away.

"That is beyond me, but all I know is that ever since I looked at you, something in me has told me to do this."

Before you could ask what, Reid lays his lips on yours in a sweet yet passionate kiss. While it was abrupt and it definitely caught you off-guard, his tongue movements seemed familiar. Even the minty taste of his mouth seemed to ring a few bells.

You two keep kissing, everything he does seeming even more familiar, until it hits you: this is Spencer Reid, your fling from the coffee shop seven years ago.

You pull away and look at him in awe. "Oh my God," you stammer out. "You're Spencer Reid. You're the guy from the coffee shop."

The two words 'coffee shop' cause a change in his eyes. "(Y/N)... you're the girl that worked at the coffee shop. You're the one that-"

"The one that quit to go back to school study behavior..." you trail off before smiling. "I knew I remembered you!"

Reid smiles. "Thank God for coffee, am I right?"

You shrug, smiling. "Thank God for deja vu."