Snowed In: Part 1

Due to amount of snow last night, office will be closed. Take the day off, rest, and be ready for tomorrow.

As that text from Hotch lights up on your phone, you smile in delight. You love working at the BAU, don't make a mistake, but you also love the snow. In fact, you love it so much that you'd rather miss work than not be able to frolic in the snow. Luckily, today was that day.

You lift yourself from your bed, setting down your phone for just a second, wiping your eyes of all sleep before a call comes in. Glancing down at the screen, you see Spencer's name light up.

Spencer. Just his name makes your heart flutter and your stomach begin to do somersaults.

Without any kind of hesitation, you answer the phone with a sweet, "Good morning, Doctor."

"Very funny," a tired Reid answers. "What does Hotch mean when he says the office is closed?"

"It's a snow day, silly," you say, laughing a little. "It's like a day off from school but instead of school, it's a day off from work."

"Ohh! I thought it was... never mind." There's a pause for a split second before Spencer says, "I hate the snow."

"WHAT?" you exclaim, looking at the phone as Spencer could see your face through the screen. "You hate the snow?!"

"I do," he responds. "It's just cold and white and wet when you touch it, and-"

"Mystical!" you say. "The snow is magical, don't you think? It sets the perfect scene for every Hallmark Christmas movie, and-"

"You sound like Garcia."

You gasp. "I do not!"

"Yes, you do. She must be loving this weather."

"Well, I don't want to hear it, Spence," you say into the phone, a smug look on your face.

"Unfortunately, you're on the phone with me, so..."

"Rest that voice of yours, Dr. Reid. I'm getting ready to leave right now. I'll be at your apartment in twenty minutes."

"Oh God. Why will you be gracing my apartment with your presence?"

"We're going to play in the snow, of course!"

"No. You're kidding."

"I'm practically out the door now. See you soon!"

You can almost hear Spencer's groan as he hangs up the phone without another word.

Yeah, you love him.

~ time skip ~

Too many things reside in your hands for them to be able to knock, so you end up just kicking Reid's door.

Speaking of the things in your hands, you're currently holding extra snow pants that you found in the depths of your closet. On top of said snow pants are marshmallows, hot chocolate mix, whipped cream, and cookie dough that was made for eating. You weren't kidding when you said that you love the snow. It was the best thing that could ever happen during the winter, minus Christmas.

After your somewhat loud kick, your favorite genius opens the door in all of his glory. His eyes had this signature glint of ambition and knowledge that you absolutely loved. However, for being given a lot of time to prepare himself, he still was in pajama pants and in a blue t-shirt with the decimal value of pi shaped in a downward spiral.

"Why do you have so much in your hands?" he asks tiredly, wiping his eyes as if he just woke up. Something tells you that your hunch is probably correct.

"Uh, we're playing in the snow." You look at him like he has three heads. "Have you never played in the snow?"

"You sound like a three year old," he responds. "Oh, let's go play in the snow, Spencer!"

Your mouth goes agape into an 'O' shape. "How dare you?! Playing in the snow is in no way childish." You push past him and invite yourself into the house, but you frequented there so much that you weren't even considered company anymore, hence Spencer's casual attire when he greeted you at the door.

You plop down your things before grabbing the hot chocolate mix. "We're making hot chocolate now!"

Spencer's eyes widen. "I didn't know you brought hot chocolate!"

You shrug, smiling. "Come on, show me where your pans are. Oh, and whipped cream."

a/n: ahh so sorry it's been a while!! a lot of stuff is going on and i haven't gotten much time to update. but don't worry, the second part will be ten times longer and ten times better