Abducted: Part 1

~ spencer reid's point of view ~

Chaos seemed to be the theme of the morning as Spencer Reid walked through the doors of his work. He saw his Unit Chief, Aaron Hotchner, running around the office like a madman.

"Hotch," he called, walking towards the stressed man. "What the hell is-"

"Not now, Reid," muttered the intimidating man, whisking away from him.

Spencer's eyes followed Hotch as he walked away. Luckily, following Hotch's path was Derek Morgan, a good friend of Spencer's.

"Morgan, you have to tell me what's going on," Spencer called again, but Morgan just locked eyes with Spencer for a second before walking away.

Spencer watched Morgan walk away, confused as ever. Brushing it off, he took a seat at his desk and exhaled, his brain trying to connect the dots he was given.

Looking to the left, JJ and Prentiss were initially looking at Spencer, who immediately looked down once he looked up. They started pointing at particular things in a case file and walked up to Hotch, showing those things to him. He nodded, said a something in return, and turned back to Morgan.

To the right of Spencer, Rossi was in his office, examining yet another case file, and going through other folders of papers and papers.

A case? Without him? That couldn't be, right?

Worry was bubbling in Spencer's stomach as he watched his fellow agents be called into the conference room. Spencer went to get up, but Hotch signaled him to stay back, and unfortunately, since Hotch is the Unit Chief, Spencer has to listen to him. So, there he was, all alone at his desk.

As his friends discussed things that Spencer wasn't allowed to listen to, he decided to try to figure out as much as possible with the little information he was given.

The main thing that jumped out at Spencer was the fact that everyone was either ignoring him entirely or just brushing him off. Maybe this had something to do with him.

No... if it did, he would know.

What else is there to go off of? He took a few days off a couple of days ago to check up on his mom, but that was at least two days ago, and he didn't think a case could be that long and gruesome. Plus, if it was, he totally would've been informed. Knowing this information, he could also say that his mom was okay, because he had spoken to her on the phone just minutes before he walked into the office today. But, just to be safe, Spencer called to check if his mother had any strange visitors and if she was in today.

To his relief, she was okay.

So if him and his mother weren't targeted, then who is being targeted and why isn't Spencer allowed on this case?

The office seemed like nothing but quiet as Spencer searched his brain for anything he could think of. All you could hear was the ringing of phones and people walking around at a quick speed, but without the chit chatter of the people, the office almost seemed empty. It's always like that when (Y/N)'s not there.

(Y/N).

Spencer's eyes flicked over to the desk across from his, which was (Y/N)'s, but the desk looked as pristine and perfect as it does everyday. What worried Spencer most was she wasn't signed in on her computer, and she always does every single morning. His eyes then flicked over to the conference room (which was made of glass). He studied the people in it, but no (Y/N).

Well, what if Spencer's overthinking this? (Y/N) could be sick, or she could've taken time off. If she did, she would've ideally told him, but maybe this was a last minute thing for (Y/N). He was pretty sure that he was just overthinking it, but something in Spencer, whether it be his gut or his heart, begged to differ. Spencer had always looked at (Y/N) differently. He looked at JJ and Prentiss as sisters, but (Y/N) was much more of... something else. He couldn't exactly put his finger on it, but whenever (Y/N) smiled, it was like the sun decided to shine just a little bit brighter.

Trying to clear his thoughts, Spencer thought back to the most recent case the team solved. It was about an UnSub who abducted his victims and left behind a poem taped to the ground of the abduction site. The media called this guy the "Whisperer." The poems had nothing to do with where he was hiding the victims, and barely enough evidence was there to keep the case going. Hotch and Rossi did talk about possibly leaving the case cold today and taking on a new case.

But Spencer would've been informed of a new case.

Spencer looked back at the conference room and saw the Whisperer's poems. This did have to do with the Whisperer! Maybe his team thought that he needed a break.

But that case wasn't personal for Spencer. He was okay while working on it. It's not like he was sick or anything of the sort. In fact, Spencer enjoyed working that case because not a lot of cases allow Spencer to read through certain books of poetry while he was on the job.

So what the hell was his team hiding from him?

Finally fed up with waiting around and tired of connecting pointless dots, Spencer jumped up from his seat and walked towards the conference room, itching to find out what this was all about.

"Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?" announced Spencer as he opened the door to the conference room.

Hotch immediately looked at Spencer and shook his head. "Reid, I told you to-"

"I know what you told me to do, Hotch, but I don't care. You all are ignoring me or brushing me off, as if I did something wrong. Now someone needs to tell me what is happening," yelled Spencer, cutting off Hotch.

The room seemed to stand still for a second before JJ looked Spencer in the eye and sighed.

"Spence... (Y/N) was abducted by the Whisperer."