chapter 25

Pushing me hard up against the wall, Dane wraps a hand roughly through the back of my hair, pulling my head back as he savagely attacks my neck with a primal need.

Slowly licking, then nipping his way from my neck, to the soft spot beneath my ear, he mouths my earlobe, gently dragging his teeth, sending nothing but amazing sensations to the pit of my stomach.

Groaning deeply, his lips find mine as he forcefully parts them open with his tongue, wild for mine. The slight taste of metal from his bloody lip, turning me into some sort of sadistic vampire.

The normal soft, gentle and protective man I've come to know is replaced with one filled with an uninhibited carnal desire. A desire for consuming all of another soul in the way only our physical forms can consummate.

Pulling away from me, he separates, pausing to collect himself for a moment, maybe realizing the desire taking over his mind. He heads towards one of the large green vintage reading chairs, sitting down before turning it to face me.

"I just want to see you," he admits with a confident need, his chocolate eyes piercing through me.

Suddenly feeling slightly insecure at his departure and the way his eyes are studying me, I freeze.

"What do you mean? See me?"

"I want to absorb everything about you. I want to see you...right now, while I can, while we're here, in this moment."

The seriousness in his tone makes my heart clench. It's all about borrowed time with him, time that he feels we need to fully embrace and make our own. Every moment with Dane is a monumental one because we realize the extraordinary in each dwindling second.

I walk over, turning around so my back is facing him, and cross my arms over my stomach, reaching for the hem of my sweater. I slowly lift it over my head. My hair cascading around me, I turn to peek over my shoulder nervously where I see him swallow and readjust his position in his seat.

The more I realize I can control this situation, the more power and confidence I seem to find. Undoing the button of my pants, I unzip them and slowly pull them down over my curves, stepping out of everything, I'm left standing in front of him in my most stripped form.

His eyes study and memorize every part of me. I notice his breathing changing, his chest rising and falling just at the sight of me, as his mouth slightly drops open as I turn to face him. He begins slowly shaking his head in some sort of disbelief.

"You're so beautiful," he says under his breath.

He immediately lifts himself from the chair, closing the distance between us as he wraps his arms around me, molding himself into me while his lips find mine. He kisses me with such love. A heavy, passionate love, as his tongue gently glides over mine.

We pull apart, foreheads resting against one another, as his hands rest at the sides of my face, our heavy breaths of excitement and anticipation meeting in the middle. He gently walks me backwards towards the bed where I climb up and under the sheets as he climbs under next to me.

He leans up on an elbow, looking down at me, studying every freckle on my face, every speck of color in my eyes, while he softly rubs from the side of my temple to my cheek with the back of his first two fingers. His face, wild with bewilderment, his piercing stare reaching the deepest depths of me.

His fingers finally rest on my chin as his eyes move to my lips which are slightly parted, waiting for him. His lips slowly connect with mine again and I can feel him trembling.

"What's wrong?" I ask gently between kisses. "Why are you shaking?"

He sucks in a breath then lets it out while trailing a finger down my neck, residing over my heart.

"This, between us, is so powerful," he admits.

It's nothing short of remarkable to me that this confident, self-assured young man can now seem so vulnerable and in awe of the attachment between us.

I snake one of my hands around the back of his neck, playing with the hair there, while the other slides under his soft green fitted shirt, as I gently run my hand along his warm skin, feeling his hard physique underneath, slowly dragging my fingers over each curve of his abdomen.Grabbing the hem, I lift it up while eyeing him. He takes the hint and assists as I remove it, throwing it across the room, then sealing himself to me, our warmed skin against one another providing a sense of complete comfort and connection.

We press our aching bodies together, continuing our kiss as our hands begin to explore the bodies in front of us. I run my hand from the side of his neck, over the curve of his shoulder, trailing it down his chest and pause at the button of his jeans. He pauses, pulling away from my lips to undo his jeans then pulls them down and off with his boxers, tossing them to the side of the bed as he rejoins me underneath the sheets.

Both of us naked with nothing separating us, he slowly climbs on top of me, easing his weight upon me, our faces inches apart.

We connect in the most intimate way, as his mouth parts open in a pleasurable trance, pausing as we both breathlessly pant, absorbing the gratifying moment, before his lips find mine again.

"Nothing has ever felt so amazing." he breathes out, trembling above me.

Watching him feel things he's never felt with anyone but me opens my eyes to the depth of our connection. Every kiss, every touch, every sound, means so much more.

"I love you," I whisper between kisses.

We move in sync while we continue worshiping and pleasuring the aching desire building between us.

"I love you, Kodi," he whispers between moans.

The immeasurable sensations running down my spine, through my fingers down to my toes has my body feeling things I've never known it could. He pulls me in for another kiss, slowly licking my bottom lip, then softly massaging his tongue to mine. The passion, the need, the undeniable chemistry between us is evident in our connection. The kiss becomes more frantic as his hands search to discover every secret my body has ever held.

Completely losing myself in the sensations, I inevitably start to lose the ability to hold myself together. He groans out in a raspy voice, losing all strength, as he collapses along with me, totally succumbing to the satisfaction.We lie there together, side by side, panting in conjoined pleasure, no words needed as we relish in the marvelous attachment between us.

He props himself upon his elbow, his fingers running through my hair while he looks at a strand between his fingers, playing with it softly.

"If fate were to drive us apart, the world, take away our forms, know that this soul of mine will endlessly seek yours, in any lifetime, in every galaxy."

My lips part open at his bewitching words as a questionable look veils my expression.

"What novel is that quote from?" I ask softly.

I've read a lot of romantic literature since I was a child and have yet to have heard where this quote originated. It's nothing short of beautiful.

"It's from ours. The story of us, written by none other than you and I." He smiles from above me, his long eyelashes blinking softly and slowly as he leans down and captures my lips in his.

He is the novel. He is the story. He is the beginning and the end of everything I now know. Pages upon pages of unwritten truths reside within him, and somehow I'm the lucky one who gets to breathe in the words, fill in the unknown, and decode the secrets, as we create the masterpiece that only we can.

"Well, it appears we made it through our first fight just fine." I giggle, snapping out of my thoughts and remembering how this all started.

"I think I love fighting with you." He furrows his brow before his face softens and a light chuckle is released.

"I really do need to explain myself to you though, Dane. So you can understand why I did what I did," I say, in all seriousness.

I feel the need to get to the bottom of this, clear the polluted air I unfortunately created, before our relationship can go on breathing.

"Right, and you will. Let's shower then talk. Sound good?" he asks, standing and helping me up off the bed with a mischievous grin.

"But we'll never get to talking..." I giggle, shaking my head, following him into the shower.

I love seeing him playful and genuinely happy. I also love that we're back in our little world again, one of comfort, trust and understanding. I love the feeling of being back home, and I love that that home is forever in his heart.