Band au

Gaz adjusted her dress and shouldered off her sweater as she took a deep breath and stepped onto the stage. There were a lot of people out there tonight. Gaz smiled weakly  at her two band mates Kitten and Denim, the two squeezed hands together before Denim retreated to the drum set and Kitten picked up her bass. Gaz stepped towards the mic and held it.
"Who's ready for the show tonight!"
The yelling back was astounding.
"Please welcome the lead singer, DIIIIB!"
Dib walked out from behind the curtain as the crowd roared excitedly.
Gaz picked up her guitar and plugged it into the amp as Dib picked up the mic and made the signal for the girls to start playing.

"Why do you build me up,"
"Build me up"
"buttercup baby, just to let me down"
"Let me down"
"And mess me around and then worst of all,
"Worst of all"
"You never call baby when you say you will, but I love you still,
I need you "
"I need you "
"More than anyone darling
You know that I have from the start, so build me up"
"Build me up"
" buttercup don't break my heart,"
Dib held his hand over his chest looking melancholic before jumping into the next verse with feeling.

Zim was studying, it was loud and warm and he didn't like it, but studying must be done, Zim needed to find who the human was singing to every few weeks.
Clearly so Zim could use this squishy love weakness to his advantage, no other reason. Ten shows and Zim still didn't have a lead only a handful of names that seemed to change with every song. Could there be many worms the human could be singing about?
Of course not.
The human was pathetic. Zim gripped his claws on the edge of the stage to peek up at the humans all dressed in black making organized noise, the swaying of the human was confusing to say in the least although admittedly intriguing.
Once the human has stopped belting notes he caught sight of Zim and instinctively Zim jerked back and dropped from the ledge. The humans eyes seemed to sparkle, but not in the malicious way they usually did. There was something, kinder to it, what's the word, HOPE! It was a hopeful look. Zim gulped and averted his eyes, acutely aware of his rising temperature.
Dib pushed his messy hair back and smiled at his band mates as he folded up the glittery trench coat, slipping on the dull worn one. There was a knock at the door of the artist lounge of the theater. Dib called out he was getting it and went to open the door only to freeze momentarily.
"Human."
"Zim."
Kitten perked up.
"Zim? The Zim? The one you never shut up about during practice?"
Dib shushed her as his cheeks reddened.
"What can I get you Zim?"
Dib had leaned against the frame of the door in an attempt to appear suave.
"I came to say your show was adequate."
And I have to speak with you alone ."
Dib nodded and walked out towards the cool night air. Suddenly he was pinned to the wall by a sharp pak leg and gloved claws to his throat.
"Who. Is. She."
"What?"
"Don't play dumb Dib stink, who's your love pig, their full name and address. We have... unfinished business."
Zim smiled maliciously, Dib was almost scared for the girl, except there wasn't one, Dib had done a switcharoo and plugged in female pronouns into his songs when he knew who his heart truly ached for was male, green and hellbent.
Dib gulped and decided to be upfront.
"It's not a girl."
"What."
"Oh nothing."
Zim leaned back and skunk into the shadows, theses lavender contacts visible no matter how far he went. This gave Dib an idea for a song. He headed back to the group and announced this, then walked home while the idea was still fresh so he could put it on paper.
A month later Dib stood on the stage peeking out behind the curtain, full house. And he was there, good.

"They all say, I'm too into you, it may be true, I know almost everything you do. They say it's unhealthy, I might agree, but how can I, when those eyes stare back at me,
Oh your my lavender eyed girl, oh I'd give you the world, oh, but not really, it's my affection you gotta earn.
They all say I should stay away, I tried that, and I went half insane. I need you, some sick co dependency, I know your crazy, but you're everything to me.
My lavender eyed girl, oh how you  laugh, my lavender eyed girl, if only you weren't such a quack.
You're kinda loony, I don't really mind, they all think we're two of a kind. I know I don't have you, but you'll find, if you're mine i'll sure as hell compromise,
Oh, you're my lavender eyed girl, come on give me a whirl, I'll be your four eyed boy, if you be my lavender eyed girl .
I know you wanna know who I'm singing about, maybe, I'll help you out, all you gotta do, Is just find my clues, scattered though these songs, I hope I'll have you singing alooongg!
Oh, your, my, lavender eyeddddd GIRRRRLLL!"
(Ps this is an original song I wrote for this fic)
Dib looked up gasping to see that he was gone from his spot at the very front. This dampened his mood, but he kept on singing the songs, after the show the band would sit together and sign and sell cds of their albums as well as sweaters, pins, patches, buttons, and stickers.

He had one of everything but hadn't gone up to the stand while Dib was there, he'd stolen the things and held onto them closely as he ran back to the base to one, store and hide the stolen goods and also, listen to those songs for the clues the human had pointed out, Zim already had one, lavender eyed, his love pig had lavender eyes.
"Computer! Bring up every lavender eyed human on this planet in our data."
The computer groaned as it showed a long list with photos of lavender eyed people.
"Good. I will find this girl and dispose of her so the human won't abandon his cause like he did that other time."
Zim shuddered remembering how lazy he'd gotten without opposition.

Dib picked up his sheet music once more as the girls tuned their guitars and Denim picked at her nails.
"Alright can we do a quick run through before the show tonight?"
Denim nodded and Gaz simply stood poised to play. Kitten gave a quick thumbs up and they playing started.

"My raven haired love, how you send me above, and those stunning eyes, leave gasping and gaping, but no matter how hard I try, I can't escape those gorgeous eyes. Oh how you steal my breath, everytime, you walk by, oh but I know, you'd never let yourself be mine. Oh so sad, I'm not mad, I'm laying out all my hints, maybe you just don't like my shit. You see my shows, I know you do, because I see you there each night. Oh how you set my feelings alight.
My raven haired love, won't you be mine? Be mine, if only for a night, give me a try don't say goodbye. Give me a chance, for some romance. I'll let you be mine." (Another original song by me btw)

The crowd roared at the new song right before Dib slipped into a classic bop from the early days of the band, the dark and gritty stuff. The crowd ate it up and Zim could be seen scribbling notes every now and then. The show would carry on for quite a while and Zim had work to do.