All those weeks ago

Today you had arranged to meet Aizawa bear a local park. You were beyond nervous though. Bouncing on the balls of your feet, tail swaying rapidly behind you, you revived a lot of weird looks from people who walked past you.

"Maybe I should just go home and cancel..." you whispered.

"If you did that, that means I'd come for nothing." Came a bored tone.

Letting out a short scream, you burst out blue and jumped around. Holding a hand to your chest, your heart beating a thousand miles an hour, you put out your flames and scowled a little.

"Not nice..." you grumbled.

"I tried calling your name."

"Oh..."

Feeling blood rush to your cheeks, you quickly turned your head down and kicked the ground a little.

Aizawa leant down a little, hands on his knees as he tilted his head up to peer at you, his dark eyes meeting yours.

"What do you want to do?"

Glancing away, you shrugged a little.

"Get food first?" You offered.

"Sure." He shrugged.

As you begun to search for food, you occasionally glanced at the taller man beside you, finding the way the light caught on his face beautiful.

"Why do you light up when something scares you?" Aizawa suddenly asked.

Humming a little in thought, you shrugged.

"I'm not sure, it could be a protection thing, I've never really thought about it, but I'm usually a lot better at controlling it."

"Okay."

Once again silence took over you, and you took this as an opportunity to ask Aizawa what he wanted.

"What do you want for Christmas?"

"Nothing."

"Oh..."

Deciding not to push it, you found a small ramen stall to eat at, and quickly ordered some for the both of you.

"Does it hurt if someone pulls your tail?"

"It hurts a lot, when I have to fight I try keep it tucked away. Mephisto always says a gentlemen should keep his tail tucked away."

"You aren't a gentleman though."

Blinking, you nodded.

"True, but he's right, we should keep them tucked away. Pulling a demons tail is nasty business." You laughed.

Aizawa smiled a little bit. Suddenly your name was called for food, turning around you grabbed both bowls and took them to a table, Aizawa sitting right next to you as the pair of you ate in silence, though it wasn't an uncomfortable one.

Once you finished, the pair of you started to walk around again, heading into the park, you idly walked around while talking, asking questions about each other, as each moment went by you seemed to fall for him more and more, and as the sun started to set, you both begun to slowly walk home, until you came across a familiar park.

Aizawa stopped and watched you for a moment before carefully walking over.

"(Y/N)?" He asked gently.

"This was the park where you told me we were friends." You smiled a little.

"It is."

Smiling, you headed to the swings and sat down, tilting your head to the sky like you did all them weeks ago. Just like that day, Aizawa sat down with you, but his gaze never left your form.

"Why were you crying that day?" He pressed softly.

You drew a deep breath, closing your eyes for a few seconds before opening them and turning to him.

"After Hizashi tried to get me to come out with you guys, I ran here. I thought... I thought you'd all hate me for what I was and I guess I was right..." you mumbled.

"What do you mean, you were right?"

Aizawa stood up from his swing and came over, crouching in front of you just like he did all those weeks ago.

"You hate me..."

Aizawa quickly leaned up and pressed his lips to the corner of your mouth, lingering there for a few seconds before he pulled away, taking you hands in his, he gaze them a gentle squeeze.

"I don't hate you (Y/N). I never did. I was shocked, and I reacted badly, but I don't hate you."

Eyes widening, you teared up a little and sniffled, squeezing his hands back you blinked a few tears away.

"I thought you'd think I was a monster..." you whispered.

Aizawa quickly pulled you down for a hug, and you wasted no time in hugging back, knowing full well he wasn't one for this sort of thing so he meant it.

"Never..." he whispered in your ear