Zach Herron Imagine ♤

Today is the day, Zach is meeting my parents for lunch and did I want to do this no I didn't actually because They think Zach is not good enough for me. But I don't care they just have to suck it up.

Zach and I get ready for the lunch. Then once we are done getting ready we go down to the car, Zach getting into the drivers seat and me going to the passengers and we head off to the restaurant that we are meeting my parents at. I could see Zach gripping harder on the steering wheel and he looked anxious.

"Zach are you ok", I say putting my hand on his knee I see he relaxes a little when I put my hand on his knee.

"Um just a little nervous you know, I know your parents don't really like me and I'm guessing your dad dislikes me even more then your mum", Zach says glancing at me giving me a nervous smile.

"Zach no matter what my parents think of you I'll always love you. I hate how they don't like you, I've told them that you love me and you would do anything for me but they don't care about that all they care about is my future and all that nonsense. They don't even know what the fuck love is anymore. But if they won't see how loving and caring you are at lunch we are leaving and I'm not talking to my parents anymore cause they don't even seem to care about me, my wellbeing, my mental health. But don't worry I'll be there throughout the whole thing ok, I love you", I say giving him a resuring smile.

"Thank you Y/n I really needed that, I love you so much", he says leaning quickly to kiss my cheek.

We got to the restaurant and we get out of the car, Zach grabs my hand lightly and we walk hand in hand to the door. I just don't want to see my parents faces when they Zach they never seem to be polite and I hate it.

We walk into the restaurant and I spot my parents sitting in the far concert table talking about something irrelevant. I lightly squeeze zachs hand and turn around to him and give him a small smile and he gives one back and we slowly make our way to the table.

As we walk there both my parents look up from the menu whend they See Zach and I. My dad had no expression and my mum gives a small smile, She's always been more reasonable but still can be very rude.

"Hello my mum and Dad", I say as nicely I can.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Y/l/n", Zach says giving a small smile.

"Y/n and zach", my dad says lowering his voice when he says zach. "Take a seat please"

Zach and I take a seat and then my mum begins to speak.

"So Y/n you may know why were here today, it's because we need to speak about your future and what proper career path way your going to take", My mum says looking up from her menu.

"Also what's good for you", My dad says looking at Zach then me.

"Well you both should know That I know what I'm going to do in the future I'm a graphic designer and that's what I love to do. Also I see my future with the boy right next to me because I love him and he loves me to", I say to them with a normal tone.

"How is he going to benefit your future, also I think your going to get no where with what career path way you've chosen. You seem pretty hopeless at this Y/n", My dad says not taking his eye off the menu.

I roll my eyes and start to get a bit more angry. "I don't understand why you don't like Zach and why you think Graphic designing is not going to take me anywhere so many companies have asked me to design many things for there business. Also Zach is a singer and he loves what he does, he takes care of me whenever I feel horrible or mentally not well He's always there for me but you don't seem to see that because YOU, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS ANYMORE OR WHAT MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY IS", I say now more angrier and voice raising.

"Y/n Be quite and you do not speak to your Father like that. I know what is good for you all you do is muck around and be a stupid young adult not thinking about the rights of your future, Not caring what is right or wrong", My dad says snapping at Me.

I go wide eyed then a hurt of pain hits my chest I see zachs eyes have gone wide too and he puts his hands on my knee to make me feel better which it did a little then Zach begins to speak.

"Mr Y/l/n, Y/n does not muck around that's for sure. She works her ass off to get into the college she wants and I think she knows what's right and and wrong for her. I've never seen anyone as strong as Y/n, She makes me happy and I love seeing her happy. Her well-being is very important to me and so is everything else. I don't know where you got that's she mucks around and doesn't know what's right for her but I think she knows. I know you may not like me but your daughter means the world to me", Zach says to my dad and turning around to me and giving me a small smile.

My heart melts at what he just said, Zach is everything I've wanted in life and I can truly see the future with him.

"I believe Zach, Roy. I think you should loosen up a bit and I think I should too. Y/n honey I'm sorry for being so strict and stubborn with you. Zach seems like a very nice boy and if your passion is graphic designing then go ahead with it, I'll always support", my mum says giving me a smile.

I smile at her and I'm a little shocked but I'm happy she accept for what I'm doing. Then I turn my head to My dad and he is shocked at what my mum has said and then his facial expression turns into a frown.

"Marie are you serious right now, your letting our daughter continue her future like this and especially with this Scum bag", he says angrily.

"HE IS NOT A SCUM BAG DAD, HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE BUT YOUR TO BLIND TO SEE THAT, you know what dad I really do miss your old self I don't know where the fun dad has gone or the dad where he appreciate what his daughter is doing life gone but I do really miss him and I think so does your Wife who's sitting next you miss him too. Now with that being said don't mind me but I'll be leaving with Zach and I don't want to talk to you for a very long time dad until you come to your senses. But mum Call me whenever you need anything and vise versa. Goodbye", I say and like that I grab Zachs hand and he waves a goodbye and we get back to the car.

"Holy shit Baby, I didn't know you could get that angry I'm not going to lie that was hot", Zach says laughing a little.

I laugh a litle to and start speaking. "Well I had to say it, he never understands anything anymore and it pisses me off. But I'm happy my mum understood and supports me and us how we're together", I say laying my head on his shoulder.

"Me too baby", Zach says putting his head on mine.

"Let's go home and cuddle for the rest of the night", Zach says smiling at me.

"Sounds good", I say placing a soft kiss on his lips.

(yeah this is kinda all over the place but oh well also credit idea to my amazing friend buckysherron anyway hope you enjoyed the story and don't forget to vote)