chapter nine

Monday

Millie got up and checked her phone. There were many messages from the group chat.

The name was 'Cool d00ds' but over the night the name changed about 20 times.

She read the messages and there was a meeting after school in the cinema.
Everyone could come and Millie also said yes.

School time

Millie walked into the class and sat down next to Kevin.

"I-i need to talk to you.." he whispered.
"After the lesson, I want to listen!" Millie answered also whispering.

For the rest of the lesson Millie was quite and really listened to the teacher.

After the lesson, long break

"Hey.." Kevin said.
"Hi Kev" Millie answered.
"I wanted to apologize for that what happened and I wanted to tell yo-" he's started but a boy cut him off.
"Why do you still hang out with that weird girl" he said and laughed.
Millie recognized him, that was Blake.

Blake was "the popular"boy in school. He was hot, athletic and charming.

"I'm not weird, you are just out of my league" Millie snapped and was surprised about her own words. She never said stuff like that.
"No one is talking to you.. Kevin let's go"
"No." Kevin just said.
"Sorry" he whispered and kissed Millie.

Blake made a surprised face and walked away.

Right after that Millie pushed away from Kevin.

"Sor-sorry I just.. I wanted to show him that you are special and.. I want to tell you that.. that I like you"
"Kevin.. sorry but I-uhh don't feel the same way" she said and ran outside school.

Kevin stood there and tears appeared in his eyes. The truth was that he had a crush on her for years. He was that type of person that starts to bully their crush.. and he didn't want to be the "weirdo" that likes the "real weirdo". Now he didn't care but he didn't expect that she wouldn't like him back.

Millie ran outside. She didn't want to hurt Kevin but she knew that if she would pretend that she liked him, it would hurt him even more.

After she calmed down, she went to the cinema because even though she was sad about Kevin, she wanted to see her friends, especially Finn because they couldn't meet each other normally.

When she arrived the others were already there.

They greeted each other and bought some popcorn and nachos.

Sadie, Noah and Gaten went faster inside and Finn and Millie stayed behind.

"Are you okay..?" Finn asked Millie.
"Yeah.. it's just.. oh doesn't matter.."
"Tell me."
"Uhmm.. so Kevin basically just kissed me and told me that he has a crush on me and I-i don't like him back.."
"He kissed you..? Just like kissed you?"
"Yeah.. in front of the popular boy and it was awkward and just. Wrong."
"Ohh, I'm sorry.. I know that he is a good friend of yours.." he said and hugged her.

It was a warm hug and that was what Millie needed.
After they awkwardly hugged for a bit they both pushed back from each other and blushed.

Then they watched the movie with the others.

It was a great movie and Millie was feeling better after it.

They went together back home except for Finn that had to leave before his or Millie's parents could see them together.

In the evening

Millie came outside her to because she made homework and wanted to eat something for dinner.

"Hello darling, how was the cinema?" her mom asked softly.
"It was great, we had much fun! Where's dad?" she asked.
"He.. uhm he is meeting his..friends."
"You mean that asshole is drinking and probably fuc- fricking another women, right?" millie said angrily. She always said that she hated her parents but actually the real devil was her dad. Her mom was just too weak to move out with Millie.

"Don't talk like that about your father! And now eat please" she said and they ate together.

Then everyone went to bed.

-
Blake will be kind of important so don't forget about him ;)

-hanna