chapter seventeen

When Millie went outside she wanted to text Sadie and buy some coffee.

She walked outside the neighborhood and then she walked to a cafe and bought and drunk a coffee.

Then she went back and while crossing the street she texted Sadie about the almost-kiss.

She didn't look if there were cars and she didn't notice one driving in her direction.

She was almost on the other side but the car hit her.
She fell down and she couldn't stand up. Again.

This time her phone had more battery because she charged it at Finns house.
She called the ambulance and immediately got into a hospital.

She lost her consciousness, then she was normal again.
For a moment she could hear the paramedics but then she couldn't hear anything again.

At the hospital

Millie woke up and looked at the clock.
It was already 7pm so she slept for about 9 hours.
She still remembered everything and she looked at her foot. It was broken for sure and it hurt.

She saw someone standing behind the door. It was her mother.

Her mother came in and ran to the bed.

„Darling, how did that happen?" her mother asked.
„I don't want to talk to you. It's your fault, he's still here.."
„Who?"
„Dad. He's literally ruining my whole life and he's always drunk and YOU are okay with it!"
„It's still your father and we need him. And you also had good times with him but it got worse after you started with the damn drugs!"
„Oh my god. I started because of you both and school and everything. And you know what's the worst? After I finally found someone who helped me out with the drug problem, YOU HAD TO TAKE IT FROM ME. But I'm not surprised anymore"
„If you think that Finn Wolfhard can help you witrh anything, you are wrong"
„Am I? Because you weren't there when I almost freezed. And he was"

Her mom didn't say anything else she just walked outside the room.

Then Millie fell asleep again.

When she woke up she found a note saying:

'Sorry Millie, I was so mad but I hope you are okay though. I think you can meet the Wolfhard boy -Mom'

She smiled. Her mom couldn't say goodbye to her husband but she still cared for Millie. She immediately sent a photo to Finn and hehe said that he would visit her in an hour.

After she ate something, she heard knocking on the door.

Then all her friends and Blake came in.
Except for Finn but hehe said hehe would come in an hour, so she was prepared for that.

„Oh my god you guys are the best" she said because they brought her a cake and a bunch of presents.
Even Kevin brought her something although they didn't talk that much lately.

Then after they were gone, she was waiting for Finn.
She was so excited to see him but also scared.

15 minutes later
She saw his shadow.
He stepped inside the room and he held flowers for Millie.

„For you" he said with a cute smile on his face.
„Thank you" Millie replied.

They looked for each other for a moment and then Finn started to talk but was cut off by Millie.

„Shh" she said.
She sat up and came nearer to Finn.
Then they kissed.
It was magical with all that 'love sparkle'.

-
y'all been waiting for it

-hanna