chapter sixteen

Next morning

Millie woke up and she was cold. She slept all night outside and her parents didn't even care.
Her body hurt and she was so cold that she couldn't walk normally.

She sat down and looked for her phone but there wasn't any battery left.

She sat there and waited for someone that could help her.

After an hour she saw someone walking through the neighborhood. She shouted that she needed help and it wasn't too loud but the person heard her.

The person ran over to her.
It was so weird that they always somehow met again.
It was Finn.

„What the hell happened to you? Are you okay?" Finn asked her.
„My father was a bit aggressive so I hid outside and fell asleep.. I'm okay but I can't really walk and I'm very cold"

Finn thought for a moment and then he started warming her up.

„I'm sorry if it's weird.. you just need to be warm" Finn said a bit blushing.
„Nah, it's okay.. you can't do anything else so.."

She didn't care that there were really other options of stuff he could do to warm her.

After she was warmed up a bit, he helped her standing up and walking.

„But that's my house" Millie said pointing in her house.
„Yeah, I know that but we are going to my house and don't worry, my parents are still asleep since it's like 7am and week end" he replied.

They went into his house where it was much warmer than outside and Millie sat down on the couch.
Finn brought her a blanket. Then he made tea for both of them and a sandwich for Millie.

After she finished eating it was silent for a bit.

„Uhm what happened?" Finn asked then.
„I came back home and didn't notice that my father was drunk. After I noticed I tried to calm him and I didn't think it would work but I tried... then hehe punched me in the face and I just ran outside and hid. I thought that I would just came back in one hour when his drunk ass fell asleep but then I fell asleep."
"I'm so sorry this happened.. but I don't think you should continue living with your father, Millie, maybe this time he hit you, what's still not okay, but maybe next time he has a knife and do worse things.."
„I know but my mother won't let him go.. she also is afraid of him but they are together for years now"
„Mmh but now let's change the topic"

They talked about school, friends and other things, they laughed and then they looked at each other.

It wasn't just a look, it was the in love look.
They came nearer and nearer...
But then there came footsteps from upstairs and they immediately moved away from each other.

The person coming down was his mother.

She just made a tea and didn't even notice Millie and walked back upstairs.

„Oh my god, I have to go home if someone sees me here.."
„But Millie.."
„We can talk later just text me, see you"

She ran outside. She didn't want to get seen by Finns parents but she also wasn't prepared to talk about the almost-kiss.

-

Idk if this is kind of cringy but yeah.
taijastgt see I wrote it b4 you woke up hehe

-hanna