History

As I fell to the ocean I thought about Astrid. Do you think she'll miss me? I mean, we don't even know each other that well.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming to see you again." I thought.

Just about to hit the water I felt claws grab me. I look to see my saviour.

"Jadebreeze!?" I yell with shock.

"Stormfly! Are you okay!? I was so worried about you!" He said scared. "I'm not going to let another dragon I care about die." He whispered thinking I couldn't hear him.

"What is that all about?" I thought.

Jadebreeze lowered me on a nearby sea stack setting me down gently.

"What happend out there?" I ask him cautiously.

"What do you mean?" He ask pretending -poorly- to be confused.

"As I fell you just... hovered there. Watching me fall." I told him shivering at the memory.

"I'm sorry. As I watched you fall i-it was like watching my brother die all over again." He said.

"You had a brother!? Why didn't you ever tell me?" I said feeling surprised and hurt.

"It hurt to much to talk about him. His name was Leaf. We looked almost identical. I'll have to tell you my past in order for you to understand." He took in a deep breath before speaking. "My dad fell in love with a beautiful Nadder named Blossom. She was a light pink with white and my dad was a handsome green and purple Nadder. Me and Leaf did almost everything together. But there was a rivel of my dad named Shadow. He was a black and sliver ball of anger and rage. Dad went out one day when mom was sick to get her fish and Shadow attacked him. Dad put up a pretty good fight but it wasn't enough. Shadow killed him and Mom was devastated when we found his body on the beach a few days later. Mom got worse and worse before she started fighting the sickness when she realized that me and Leaf needed her. Mom took care of us until Shadow got her to. Since then it always me and Leaf. But then Shadow went after Leaf too but he manged to get away. He came back to me with a broken wing. I took care of hin while he healed. When his wing was better we went flying. Leaf doesn't like to be pent up. We did some tricks but when he dove and tried coming up again his wing broke again. It must have been still fragile and I dove as fast as I could but it was too late. He sank beneath the waves and I never saw him again. And when I saw the same thing happened to you I just froze. It was like reliving that moment over again. But do you know why I feel at peace?"

"No." I answered.

"Because I saved you. I couldn't save Leaf but I could save you. I saved you and I could finally stop blaming myself for not being able to save Leaf." He said.

"Jadebreeze I'm sorry that happend to you. Your not the only one with tragedy in their life." I took a deep breath before continuing. "Dragons say that I'm the spitting image of my father, Stream. I also had a brother, Snap. We did everything together. He saw me as his cool older sister Sky. You would have liked him. Mom and Dad too. Mom was a beautiful and strong dragon. Her name was Ray because she was orange and yellow. Snap looked a lot like her but with blue ankles."

"What happened to them?" He asked.

"Dad got into a fight with a Monstrous Nightmare trying to protect us. He died from his wounds a few days later. Mom got caught in a storm and got pulled under the waves. Me and Snap left and took care of each other. But Hunters got him hit him about a full turn of the seasons. I was devastated as I lost my last family member. Dragons had heard about the horrible thing that happen to you. At best you go to another group of Vikings and used to train so the young one's can learn to kill us or killed for sport. At worst you're killed and they use your scales for their pelts. And you rarely get the best case scenario." I started to cry for my family I leanded into Jadebreeze for comfort.

"It's okay, it's okay." He said soothingly. "Hey Stormfly?"

"Yeah?" I look at him.

"Thank you." He said.

"For what?" I ask.

"Everything." He said as he nuzzled me. "Do you think you can fly?"

"Yeah. It was just a cramp." I reassure him.

"Good. Let's get back, I'm hungry!" He says as his stomach growls. He grinns sheepishly at that.

I laugh and we start heading back.

                                ~

OMT! I just made myself cry. I'm such an idiot.

I watched Homecoming and I DON'T WANT IT TO BE THE LAST HTTYD FILM!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I'd also recommend this book by JayTheNightFury. It's really good and it's about modern Httyd work dragons and their attacking city's and stuff. Is really good and the best part is that he updates every weekend. It's really recommend it. I'm going to try and update within the week.

The picture is supposed to be Leaf but it's actually the Bork Nadder from Rise of Berk.

Stay awsome and spread your wings to the future!!!

December 18, 2019.