The Talk

I was walking to the docks to grab something to eat when I ran into Meatlug.

"Meatlug! Hi. Listen, I have a very important question that I've been meaning to ask." I say.

"Sure what is it?" She says.

"Let's go somewhere more private." I tell her.

"Is everything ok?" She asks worried.

"Yeah! Everything's great!" I said, probably smiling like an idiot.

"Let's go to the cove." She says pretending to ignore my stupid smile.

"Okay!" I say as we take off to the cove.

When we get there we settle down near to the lake on some soft grass.

"So what is it?" Asked Meatlug.

"So when I first met Jadebreeze I had this... feeling in my chest, like every part of me wanted to be with him and once been having that feeling sometimes when I'm with him. What is it?" I ask her.

"Ahh. I've heard of it. Dragons usually get this feeling when they find their prefect mate, their true love. No one's exactly sure and how it works but it is a powerful thing and it's not common." She explained.

I gaped at her surprised. "Are you sure!?" I ask her.

"Positive. I had another friend of mine went through this. Now I have two friends who have this!" She says.

"This is allot to take in." I say.

"Do you love him?" She questioned.

"Yes." I said.

"Then you have nothing to be afraid or nervous off." She said.

Wanting to move into another topic I asked "Did you find out his name?"

"Who's?" She asked pretending to not know what I'm talking about.

"That Gronckle you mentioned the day before I sprained my wing. What is his name?" I said.

"Oh. His name's Graniteheart." She said embarrassed.

"Ohh! Somebody like's him." I tease her. "What's he like?"

"He really sweet and thoughtful and handsome. I think he really likes me." She said blushing.

"That's what I thought." I said satisfied.

"Did you hear that Hookfang had been chasing a certain Nightmare?" Said Meatlug.

I burst out laughing. "Oh man! That poor female. How long has he been chasing her and what injuries does he have?"

"A few days after you sprained your wing and a LOT of scratches, sore head, and a bunch of bruises." She said chuckling.

"Any news on Barf and Belch?" I said chuckling.

"Not sure. You know mating day is a few days right?" Said Meatlug.

"WHAT!!! And you thought now was a good time to tell me!!!!" I yelled.

"I thought you knew." She said looking very confused.

"No I didn't know!!!!" I yelled panicking.

"Why are you so upset about this?" She asked.

"I just don't know what to expect. What do I do, what do I say!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!" I said panicking.

"Calm down Stormfly, is going to be okay." Says Meatlug.

"Will it!? Will it really!?" I exclaim.

"Your overreacting. Just calm down. I'll tell you what to do. The dragons will pick a spot for the mating. Then if a male sees a female that he likes he will come over to declare that he is her mate. They will to the thing in private. Usually they go for the stronger ones that are most likey to have stronger offsprings. The stronger the female, the more males that will want to mate with her. The males will fight for her and the one who wins is the females mate. Then they do a mating dance as a symbol of their love. Once all the females are taken, the males that lose wait till next year. And then two or so weeks later they migrate to the hatching island. From what I've heard from everybody else is that when your eggs are about to hatch you dunk then in the water. The babies instinct will be to swim up. They migrate back to wherever they were when the babies are old enough to fly. That's the gist of it." Meatlug explained.

"Wow. Thanks Meatlug. This really helps." I tell her grateful.

"No problem. Now let's get back. I think they caught a fresh haul of sea bass." Meatlug said.

"That sounds really good. Let's go!" I said thinking about that yummy fish. "Race ya! I'll give a head start."

"I hate it when dragons do that." Meatlug said grumpily.

"It's not that. It's because I'm one of the fastest fliers on Berk." I tell her hastily.

"Oh. That makes sense. Bye!!!" She said taking off quickly.

I waited a decent about of time and then I took off. "I'm coming for you fish!!!" I yell.

                                 ~

Wew! (Wipes hand on forehead). I hope you guys like it. I spent a lot of time on this becaused I promised I'd give it to you by tomorrow. And don't forget on New Year's Day. You guys are lucky. Two chapters in one week. Damn! I'm on a roll.

I'm going to do a second post for my Christmas present so after you get this  one there's going to be another update that same day so don't get too excited unfortunately it's just my Christmas presents.

Also, just curious, what's your favorite dragon other than the Furry family? Mine is Razorwip. My brothers is a Dramilion. Also, where would you rather live? Dragon's Edge or New Berk. Who read the Wing's of Fire? Such a good book series. Who's your favorite Character from it. And if you had to choose, who would you pick out of the three sisters? Blister, Blaze or Burn. Me personally I would choose Blaze. She's probably dumb enough to find a husband within the first two weeks and have eggs pretty soon so then we might have more potential Queen, if you know what I'm saying. Just some questions I wanted to ask.

Stay awsome and spread your wings to the future and HAPPY SNOGGLETOG!!!!!!

December 25, 2019.