Name's

It was a couple days after Snoggletog and I've yet to figure out on how to get Astrid to understand what Leaf and Stream's names. Jadebreeze was out hunting for the day. I was lying in my nest watching my hatchlings play.

"Stormfly! Come on. Let's go for a walk in the forest. You've been cooped up in there all day." She was right. I needed to get out and stretch.

"Children. Come on we're going to the forest." I called to them.

"What's the forest Mama?" Asked Leaf.

I smiled. Their personalities showing everyday. Leaf was quiet and curious. He asked questions about everything, trying to understand everything. Stream was bold and had a fighter spirit in him and followed Hookfang whenever he got the chance. My daughter was the leader in this little group. She was friendly with everyone but not afraid to show her claws.

"You'll see little one." I told him.

"Come on Stormfly!" Astrid called.

"Come along little ones." They raced after me and Astrid the whole way right up until the entrance to the forest.

"Wow. It's huge! What's in there?" Said Leaf.

"I don't like it. What if there's something dangerous?" Growls Stream.

"Come on! Use your brain. Mama wouldn't take us somewhere dangerous. And if was, we have Astrid and Mama to protect us. Now, last one there is a rotten fish!" She raced them to the forest.

"Stormfly, so do you think you can get them to come with us before they hurt themselves?" Asked Astrid.

"Kids! Come back." I called.

Astrid led us to a clearing. I remember Astrid bringing me here so we could get to know each other. It had a little stream running through it and a collection of boulders that are perfect for climbing.

"Wow! This is so cool! Last one there is a rotten fish!" Yelled my daughter.

"There're so full of energy. They're going to be a handful. Which reminds me, I need to give them names." Said Astrid.

All of a sudden I had a brilliant idea. "Leaf, Stream. Come here darlings."

"What about me, Mama?" Asked my daughter.

"Not yet sweetie. I'll call you over in a minute." I told her.

"Okay." She ran off to play in a deep snow bed.

"Stream, follow me. Leaf, stay there." I walked over to the stream and looked back at Astrid who look confused. I nudged Stream a little closer to the stream. She walked a little closer trying to understand what I was getting at.

"I don't get it Stormfly. Why are you moving your hat-" I growled before she could say hatchling and nudged him closer to the stream. "What are you do-" She stopped as realization hit her in the face.

"That's his name, isn't it? Stream." I purred to tell her yes. Though she will never know the real reason why I named him Stream, she understands that name is important to me.

"Stream. That's a beautiful name. Though you don't mind if I add something to it to make it a more unique name, do you?" I gave another low purr to say it was okay. "Good. Do you have any other names for the rest of your hatchlings?"

I walked over to a part of the clearing where there wasn't a lot of snow. I cleared it with my tail. After a couple more of sweeps I found what I was looking for. Most of the leaf's were dead but they would serve they're purpose. "Stream, go play with your sister. Leaf, come here."