Return

I was sunning myself in peace when I heard a familiar flap of wings. I looked up and who I saw shocked me.

"Meatlug!" I exclaimed.

"Stormfly!" She shouted. She ran over to me where my hatchlings were wrestling. "Are these yours!? They're beautiful."

"Thank you! But where were you? Graniteheart was worried about you. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Fishlegs saw what was going on and he chained me in his hut."

I gasped in shock. Out of all the Dragon Riders, Fishlegs was the last person who I thought would do that.

"Don't worry." Reassured Meatlug. "I'm not mad. He meant well. Remember, they didn't know where we were going. He fed me and took care of me. But I had to lay my eggs there."

I was shocked. "It's never a good thing when a mother has to be separated from her eggs. But why did you come here?"

"I wanted to see you guys. Besides, I know Fishlegs would take care of my eggs. But were is everyone else?"

"Jadebreeze, Riverfang, Graniteheart, and Ash and Smoke went fishing and the rest of us are hatchlingsitting."

"What are their names?" She said gesturing to the hatchlings. "Mine are named are Stream, Leaf and we're going to let Astrid name her." Pointing to them with my tail. "The rest decided to take a scale out of our tail and let their rider choose they're names."

"But why did you name two of them?" Meatlug asks confused.

"Because Stream looks like my father and Leaf looks like Jadebreeze's brother. We decided to name them in their honor."

"Aww. That's sweet. I'm going to lay down. It was long flight." Meatlug lies down and starts to snore.

I chuckle and close my eyes and continued to sunning myself.

~That sunset~

"Toothless!" I hear someone call.

That's odd. I think. No one else really knows Toothless and we know that he left already. So who is that?

"Toothless!" The voice calls again, much closer. I open my eyes as the footsteps come closer. The footsteps turn out to be... Hiccup?

"Hookfang!" He ran down and hugged his head.

"Stormfly!" He ran over to me. "You have no idea of how happy I am to see you guys." He said while holding my head. I nuzzled him.

"And you have, babies!" He exclaims. "Aw, look at you guys. All happy and together." Stream shakes at him defensively while my daughter nuzzles his hand. "Haha. Who knew that you were leaving to celebrate your own sort of holiday." He stands up. "I should get back to mine."

Hookfang snorts to get his attention. "What do say there Hookfang? Wanna give me a ride back home?" He climbs on and he takes off. Hookfang glides while Hiccup says. "I'll see you guys back on Berk when you're all good and ready, okay gang?"

A Nadder from another nesting area leaped into the air. Dragons followed this. "No, no, no, no. I think I return migration." I heard him say.

The babies gathered on one ledge. I was the last one on the ledge. "Follow us." Then I follow off and turned around to watch them.

"Well if you insist." He says. Some of the babies try to fly but the winds were too strong. The wind pushed then back to the ledge. Most of the parents glided closer to their babies.

"This is never going to work." I hear Hiccup say. "Hold on. I have just the right thing." He rounds up a few dragons and flies off.

They come back a little while later with a broken boat. He gets a couple ropes and cuts them up and ties them to the boat. He then comes over to my hatchlings and looks at me for permission. I understand what he's trying to do. I bow my head a little, giving him my permission. He picks up my daughter and puts her in the boat.

The other hatchlings curiously get on as well. After making sure that they stay put, he gives us the ends of the ropes and we take off. It takes us a while to get back to Berk but we finally got there.

All of the humans started cheering at our return but fall silent as they see the broken boat. One by one, the hatchlings come out of the boat. I could hear the humans awwing at them.

I gathered my hatchlings and I ran over to Astrid. She saw me and ran over to meet me and hugged me. "Stormfly your back, ohh. And have babies!" She bent down to pet them.

"Who's this Mama?" Asked my daughter.

"This is Astrid. She my rider and my best friend. One day you'll get a rider." I told them.

"I'll be the best dragon for a human could have!" She squeaked.

I chuckled. "I'm sure you will."

Just then, the tribe Alpha called all of us to the Great Hall. I led my hatchlings to the great hall and they ran off to explore.

Jadebreeze walked up to me. "Hey." He said as he nuzzled me.

"Hey." I greeted.

I lean into him. "I'm happy that they will be raised under a time of peace. No Red Death, no war with the humans. They'll get to know the joy of flying with your rider and the friendship with them." I say peacefully as I watch my children play with the young humans.

"I agree. And they couldn't have a better mother." He looks at me with love in his eyes.

"And they couldn't have a better father."

I heard the great doors open. I see a black head poke inside which I recognizeas Toothless. He starts to pad inside quietly but runs to Hiccup as Hiccup spots him. I watch the scene unfold as Hiccup is reunited with Toothless. His secret mission was, as it turns out, was to find Hiccups helmet which I didn't realize was missing. Although the gesture was sweet, I don't think that Hiccup enjoyed getting slobber all over him.

"Happy Snoggletog!" Astrid exclaims.

As I look around the Great Hall, I see everything that I hold dear. My mate, my hatchlings, Astrid, Toothless. I think that this is the greatest gift ever.

~

I'm soooooooooo sorry that I didn't update yesterday.

So I went to the Orthodontist today and I found out that the day I'm getting my braces off was pushed back!😣 instead of April 16th it's April 27th (I think. I'm about this later if it's wrong)

I have another battle for you.
Scauldron vs Skrill
Who would win?

Could you guys please comment. I don't know what you guys think of my book.

Check out The Prince of Night and Rain by Emoimerh for all of you Wings of Fire fans!

Stay awesome and spread your wings to the future.

February 25, 2020.