Leaving

It was a few days before the humans holiday. They call it Snoggletog. Why they choose such a stupid name is beyond me. I was helping Astrid putting shields on a fake tree as decorations.

"You ready girl?" Asked Astrid, getting ready to throw some shields.

"Ark." I answered, ready. She tossed them up in the air and I shot my tail spines at them, pinning them to the fake tree.

Then the Tribe's Alpha started saying something about on how this was going to be the best Snoggletog because they're at peace with the dragons. I nuzzled Astrid out of  affection.

Suddenly, I see a large flock of dragons passing by over Berk. I feel my pupils dilate as instinct takes over.  A Monstrous Nightmare roars to signal the migration. All of the dragons start to fly away to join the migrating the flock.

I watch Astrid watch all of the dragons leave. I saw a realization sink in. "No, no, no, no, don't leave Stormfly. Don't go. Please." She pleaded.

'I'm sorry' I think as I fly away.

I look for Toothless and I spot him on a ledge further away and I quickly flew over to him. "I wish you could come." I told him.

"Me too. I wanted to meet your first hatchlings." He said sadly.

"Goodbye. I wish you happy and healthy hatchlings." He says standing on his hind legs.

"Goodbye Toothless. See you soon." I say and fly away to join the flock.

I found Jadebreeze who was with the others. "Where were you? I couldn't find you."

"I was just saying goodbye to Toothless." I say, slightly out of breath.

"You okay?" He asks worried.

"I'm fine. It's just that I have eggs to carry as well so it's a little harder to fly now." I say.

"It shouldn't be too far. I was listening to some of the older dragons who have made the trip before. It should not take to long to get there." He says.

"Okay." I huffed.

"Have any of you guys seen Meatlug? I can't seem to find her." Asks Graniteheart, looking panicked.

"No, I haven't seen her. Don't worry, she'll turn up soon." I tell him.

"If you say so." He says.

                 ~Two hours later~

The clouds parted to reveal a huge rocky island with a large lagoon in the middle of it with steam coming off it. Me and the rest of the gang found a large ledge at the edge of the island.

"It's so warm here." I say amazed.

"It's the lagoon in the middle." A passing by female Monstrous Nightmare answered. "No one know how it stays so warm but it had been the perfect hatching grounds for generations." And with that she flew off.

We got settled in and the males went to go get fish for us. Me, Riverclaw, and Ash and Smoke slept until they came back. We ate until our bellies were full and then went back to sleep.

                     ~That Night~

I felt some pain in my stomach that night. I was the worst pain I have ever felt, not even when I fought dragons I've ever felt this pain.

I let out a low moan. Jadebreeze woke up immediately when he heard me in pain. "Stormfly. Stormfly what's wrong?"

"Pain. Stomach. Hurts." I growled.

Another Nadder on the ledge above us flew down when she heard me moaning in pain. "Just calm down and take a deep breath. It'll be over soon."

"And who are you, exactly?" Ask Jadebreeze, looking at the Nadder with suspicion.

"Jadebreeze... don't be... rude." I managed to say.

"I'm one of the older dragons that have had eggs before. I know what to do." She turned back to me." It's okay, your doing fine." She says soothingly.

For the next hour or so she talked to me, telling me what to do. After, the whole painful ordeal, I had three eggs next to me.

"Well done." The Nadder said. "I must be leaving now. Goodbye."

"Thank you." I said. She nodded and flew off.

I looked at the eggs that I had laid. I was even happier to actually see them and not feel them.

"You did it. I'm so proud of you Stormfly." He says happily and as he nuzzled me.

I nuzzled him back just as happy. "I can't wait to see our little ones.

"Me to." He says with nothing but joy shining in his eyes.

Thoughout the whole night I watched as Riverfang and Ash and Smoke laid their eggs. Riverfang laid three eggs as well and Ash and Smoke laid two. We were all wondering were Meatlug was and if she was okay. Especially Graniteheart. Hookfang had to threaten to claw him in order to get him to calm down.

Jadebreeze, Hookfang, Graniteheart and Barf and Belch went fishing for us for the next couple of days. Basically the males were our servants for the next few days.

"I'll wait my sweet little ones. I'll wait until your ready." I whispered, waiting until the day they hatch and can see the two proudest parents in the world.

                                ~

Aww. This is so cute. You guys could you please comment I want to know if I'm doing a good job on this book.

So I'm going to Berlin next week and I will try to write as much as I can.

Also, I have some good news my fellow Dragon Rider's (that's what I'm going to call you now) I'm getting my braces off on April 16th! 🎉🎊🎆🎇

Also, comment right here about your dragon that you ride. Y'all can know mine if you go to my profile page.

Stay awesome and spread your wings to the future!

January 18, 2020.