Surprise

I was lying down enjoying the warmth of the sun on the rocks when Riverfang noticed something.

"Looks like we have a late one." She comment.

I noticed a black speck in the sky and coming in faster. When it came closer I could see it a little bit better. I looked familiar...

"Toothless!" I exclaimed.

"That can't be him. Can it?" Says Hookfang.

It is Toothless. I'd recognize him anywhere. I let out a happy roar to let him know where we are.

He landed with a few powerful flaps of his wings. "Toothless!" I ran over to him and nuzzled him. "What are you doing here? How are you here? I thought you could only fly with Hiccup."

"Hiccup made me a tail fin so I can fly on my own." He showed of his new tail fin. "And I came here to see your children hatch."

"Do you want to see their eggs?" I said.

"Of course!" He said with his tongue hanging out. I laughed at his behavior and led him over to our area where everyone is.

"Hey guys!" Says Toothless looking at each of them.

"Hi Toothless." Said Ash. "What are you doing here?" Asks Smoke.

"I'm here to see your children of that's okay with you guys." He says hopefully.

"Of course." Said Riverfang.

Toothless said hello to everyone and congratulated them but I noticed that he looked sad that everyone has a mate and eggs.

"Hey Toothless?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen Meatlug? We can't seem to find her and we're worried about her." I asked concerned about her.

"No, I haven't seen her. I thought she was with you." He had a worried look on his face.

"No. We haven't seen her. Maybe she'll show up soon."

"Maybe."

"If we can't find her when we get back, we'll go look for her." I said confident. "Come on, let's go rest. Our mates are getting us something to eat."

We waited for them to get back with the fish. Toothless wanted to go help but we said no. He flew all the way from Berk and we can tell that he's tired. He took a nap while we waited for our mates to get back. Our mates came back with as much fish as they could carry and we ate until our bellies were full. We laughed and told stories until the daylight faded.

~That Night~

I woke up to see Toothless staring at the night sky with a sad face.

I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "Hey."

He glanced at me then looked back at the stars. "Hey."

"What's on your mind." I asked him.

"It's just... you guys have a mate and eggs and are just so happy while I have no one. I've never seen another Nightfury in my life. What if I'm the last one and I'll die alone." He said looking as if his heart was breaking.

I felt so bad for him." You don't know that you're the last Nightfury. And if you are, then maybe there'll be a different type of Fury. Who knows? Maybe your future mate will be a brown furry Fury with feathers covering her." I joked.

He snorted in amusement. "That would be interesting." He looked at me. "Thanks Stormfly. I'm lucky to have you as a friend." He got up and nuzzled me. Then he went back to his sleeping spot and heated it up with his fire and layed down and closed his eyes.

I smiled softly to myself. "Me to Toothless. Me to."

Then I turned around and curled up next to Jadebreeze and pulled my eggs closer. I thought about everything I have and I feel grateful that I have been so lucky.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep thinking about the three new lives I will be grateful for.

~

Hey Dragon Rider's! I hope y'all are okay.

So I'm leaving England in a few weeks. I'm moving back to my home country. USA!!!

Surprisingly that's all. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish watching The Dragon Prince.

Stay awesome and spread your wings to the future!

February 2, 2020.