Chapter Six: Blinded

|| Chapter Six ||
|| Words: 750||
|| April 26th, 2020, Sunday ||

|| Y/N's POV ||

My body felt a thousand times heavier, even making breathing painful with every deep breath. However, even though I could barely keep my consciousness, I could feel a vibration against the door I was leaning on like someone was trying to break in. I tried to make any sound but, to no avail, nothing came out of my mouth. Desperately, I managed to lift my finger and slowly tap repeatedly against the door to indicate I was here. It was a male voice...maybe it's Liu, but as my consciousness continuously slips away and comes back to me like whiplash, it was nearly impossible to connect the voice to anyone I knew. The door supporting my body opened abruptly, making me fall to the floor. From the neck down, I felt completely paralyzed but I could move my eyes to see the mystery man above me. From this relief of being saved, I let go of my consciousness to fall into a deep dreamless slumber.

————————time skip——————

I went in and out of consciousness until I realized that I was back in the bar, laying down in a booth. Toby was sharpening his ax, Brian was still examining the diamond rings, and Tim was sitting across from me holding his head in stress. I weakly pulled myself up in a way that I was facing Tim.
"Told you she'd live," Brian chuckles lightheartedly to Toby, which Toby gave him a wad of money in return. Were they betting on if I'd live or not?

If I'm here...then where's Liu? Liu was supposed to find me—that's what Jeff said. Then if it wasn't Liu, then who the hell took me from that room?
"We're back on babysitting duty? Why can't Jeff take care of his pet himself? Don't look at me like that, Tim, we're all thinking it. We all came here for a valuable reason and it definitely doesn't include whatever we're doing now, " Toby complained, giving me a cold look before going back to sharpening his ax. Toby was about to say something else, most likely either condescending or offensive to me, but Tim slammed his fist on the table silencing Toby completely.

"You're acting like a child," Brian mutters nonchalantly, folding his arms over his chest. Tim muttered something under his breath to Toby before exiting into the back room, which Toby followed without a word. The door slammed behind them, leaving only tension along with Brian and me.
Tapping my fingers against an empty glass, the stillness of the bar was shortly interrupted by the faint yelling of the two men.

I looked up at Brian, who was staring intensely at me. I focused my attention back to the glass in awkwardness.

"Do you understand your situation?" Brian queried in exasperation.

Good question. My answer? Absolutely not. I was just with my friends...I was just trying to savor my senior year. Now, that was taken from me. This "situation" is totally some fever dream—what else would explain Liu working for the fucking FBI, a faceless alien showing up, and a killer kidnapping me? It sounds like a fanfiction.
I was about to reply but he cut me off to speak.

"You could escape right now if you really wanted to. Instead of going against four of us, it's just me, yet you're just sitting there. You have nothing holding you back—not even Liu," Brian spat at me, taking a long sip of his beer. I stood up, feeling cold sweat form at łthe back of my neck.

"What do you mean 'not even Liu'?" I demanded with a clenched jaw.

"I reckon you were unconscious for that part, right? Liu's dead."

|| Liu's POV ||

I clenched the gun against his head, knowing in full certainty that it is loaded with bullets this time. Jeff's smile widened as the barrel of the gun grazed his forehead.
"Of course, of course! I knew you'd catch me but...I think you should've focused on catching the girl 'cause you just lost," Jeff chuckled.

"What do you mean I just lost? Where is she?" I demanded in ire, burning my grimace into his eyes.

"She's dead."

That damned early morning when my brother told me my only will to live was dead was when the murders began. When Sully began. Holding my gun against his head seemed to be my last secure grasp on my sanity.