Chapter Nine: Wrath and Riches

|| Chapter Nine ||
|| Words:1708 ||
|| May 2nd, 2020, Thursday ||

I can't believe Jeff just traded me like that, leaving me abandoned with someone I don't even know. I should be smiling, celebrating that I now have my desired freedom. Hilton is completely in love with me for some reason. This is my freedom, being with Hilton, I suppose. Anything that I want or anywhere that I want to go, I can have at the snap of my fingers. Of course, I can't manipulate his feelings for my own gain, but it's nice to think about it. He's no Liu, but he surprisingly has a lot of depth beneath all of that "King of Diamonds" surface. As much as Hilton pampers me with gifts, I miss Liu—I mean Jeff. God, I keep on mixing up their names. This is what happens when I pretend Jeff is Liu for the sake of my sanity, I suppose.

"Y/N," a deep voice emerges from behind me. I jumped as I realized it was Spade and turned around quickly. I'm not sure what his real name is and I don't even think that Hilton knows either.
Holding my breath, I prepared myself for his words.

"Yes?" I answered shakily. He handed me a playing card—Ace of Hearts. I took it and smiled weakly at him.

"Ace of Hearts fits you perfectly. All Ace's represent a desire. The heart symbolizes relationships and love. The meaning of the Ace of Hearts is an intense desire to be loved. Looking for validation through multiple male's attention, how pitiful. How many Hiltons' did you seduce before you came here?" Spade sneers at me.
I just looked at him from the abrupt insult and stammered to look for the right words to reply to him.

"Father," Hilton warns, appearing from the kitchen with a near-empty bottle of wine in his hands.

"Don't be informal with me, Hilton, it's 'Spade'. I'm just bestowing her the prolonged tarot reading as a 'welcome gift' to the Hawthorne Estate," Spade spats sarcastically.

As Spade disappeared upstairs, Hilton drunkenly came behind me and hugged me tightly. My shoulders tensed up but I ultimately let it happen. It's painfully obvious that's he has been neglected of attention for his entire life—I mean, his mother seemed to be absent since he was a baby. All of the family portraits are paintings of Hilton and Spade together, definitely miserable to be in the presence of each other. There was one actual photograph of Hilton's mother, above the fireplace, but there's a black cloak covering it. I feel like I owe it to him just to be there for him since he promised Jeff to keep me safe.

|| Jeff's POV ||
|| May 14, 2020, Thursday ||

That damn rich kid...once I'm out of here, I'm going to snap his neck in half. I've realistically been in here training for two weeks. For now, I just have to win and then I'm out of this hellhole. Apparently, not only did Toby get involved with a boss of an infamous gang, but he got involved with the boss of a fucking fight club. Now, I have to do a fucking "fight to the death" for their gambling addictions.
I looked around the dark room with only a small lightbulb above the door to provide a very dim light. I think I'm in the basement of some sort. All that's in here is a punching bag, a pillow, a bucket, and a tray of food that they give me twice a day.

The door unexpectedly opened by a man with two bodyguards standing close beside him. Of course, the Ace of Spades. Spades has short white, slicked-back hair with piercing blue eyes and distinguishing wrinkles. Spades also have a spades tattoo underneath his left eye. He clutched his golden cane and pointed it at me with a raspy chuckle.

"Young man, give me a good show. I'm well informed that you're 'experienced' so take a couple of punches in the final round with my number one, but don't let yourself get beat. I have my money on you," Spades demanded with a booming voice, echoing throughout the room.
One of the bodyguards forcefully took me from the room and put a bag over my head, making me thrash around from the sudden action. I felt myself be thrown against the freezing floor. I ripped off the bag and flinched from a stage light blinding me. I was in an enormous auditorium with hundreds of the most elite families socializing above me. Damn rich people. In front of me was a vast fighting arena as large as a football stadium with a force field on the borders. There was an enormous dugout of eight people, training. Most were just using the punching bags but some were praying for their life.

I've only been explained the process once. It's like a tournament...you go against multiple people until the final round. It's a mixture of both males and females, but to find Y/N, I won't hold back. The screen above the ring shows the tournament bracket—showing a total of eight matches. We're all labeled by the numbers tattooed on our wrists, completely dehumanizing us, but I'm not up until the next match. Right now it's a woman (#192) against a man (#193). Glancing behind me, a woman and a man were eyeing each other in disbelief. I recognized their wedding rings and snickered. I guess it's really "till death does us part".

As I started putting on the provided boxing gloves, I felt a burning sensation on my neck. I slowly turned around to see Y/N staring at me with Hilton's arm wrapped around her waist. She had a loose, floor-length black gown with pearls around her neck, clenching her glass of wine. Hilton whispered in her ear, smirked at me, and walked her into the crowd. She's here? Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

A loud alarm rang throughout the auditorium, signaling the first match. The married couple held hands as they entered the arena. The woman was led to one end while the man was to the other. The rest of the people in the dugout stopped training and were watching how this was going to go down. On the screen above the arena showed live footage of the match. Both of them looked scared for their lives, that is until the signaling bell went off. The woman darted towards her husband, who was still frozen in shock.

"What's your bet?" A girl uttered to me. I glanced down at her wrist, which was tattooed #1. So this is Spade's darling number one? I'm disappointed.

"Who cares?" I muttered in response.

As I looked back at the screen, the woman was already on top of her husband, strangling him to death. He let her do it, I mean, he's twice her size and could easily snap her in half. The woman was crying as she was choking her husband but he eventually went limp after what felt like forever, leading to a red light illuminating the arena. The woman let go and hysterically collapsed over her husband's dead body. The force field opened up slightly to let through two men who pushed the dead mand out from the arena in a stretcher. The woman was dragged by bodyguards back to her starting point. I was next.
I gradually strolled out of the dugout and eyed Y/N drinking multiple glasses of alcohol with shaky hands. Her puffy eyes met mine and her red lips slightly parted to whisper something. I can't believe that I'm in love with this woman, after years of solitude and mindless homicide...I've come to love someone like her. All of my waking thoughts are of her. All of my dreams are of her. I'm utterly obsessed with her.

I entered the area which caused the force field to activate. I eyed the trembling woman ahead of me with a smile, making her clench her cross around her neck. The alarm went off sounding the start of this match. I peeked at Y/N one more time before targeting the woman in front of me. I deliberately walked towards her to give a dramatic effect to these elite assholes--specifically Spade.

Y/N...

The woman's bright eyes widened and got down on her knees, praying to God to protect her. Right now in this place, the only God here is me.

I'll make you feel the same way as I do about you.

The woman began rapidly reciting verses of the Bible. I was now only a mere couple of feet away from her.

I can't live without you, and this is all your fault for putting me under your enchanting spell.

I grabbed the woman by her hair and pushed her against the force field, slowly electrocuting her. Her wails echoed throughout the arena, making my ears bleed. I glanced up and saw myself on the screen above. I grinned and shoved her harder into the force field.
"Go to sleep," I whispered as she fell lifelessly to the ground. The men once again removed the dead woman out of the arena. The bodyguards forcefully took me from the arena and hurled me back into the dugout. I looked back at where Y/N was, but she's nowhere to be found.

"Wow," the girl from earlier laughed, "I'm going to have fun with you."

Does she really think she has a chance to beat me? The girl looked to be in her late 20s with a shaved head and piercings all over her body. The thing that stood out the most was the tattoo of a Queen of Spades underneath her right eye, which had a deep scar across it. Spade probably inflicted that. She was around Y/N's height, but that's their only similarity.
"I'm Cassie and I'm #1 for a damn good reason. I've been in here since I was a child and I was always Spade's favorite, which means I've always had the best training. Spade had talked about you, a proclaimed "serial killer". None of that matters here, Jeff," Cassie smirks, leaving for her next match.