Chapter 8

Camila's P.O.V

I felt the icy rain fall onto my shivering body and I felt the  numbness overtake me as my bones froze. It was so cold but I couldn't move. I was too scared. Even my eyes refused to open.

Then I heard heavy coughing, and painful wincing, it was Lauren. What was happening? Is she okay? My heart started beating even faster, What if something happens to her because of me? What if they ki- no they can't.

I heard Lauren shout,

"Touch her and I will fucking kill you!"

Then I felt rough hands rub against my chest and soon lips too. It was a horrible feeling, I felt sick. I wanted to scream but I barely had the energy to move.

Then he was going lower down my chest when I heard an agonising scream come from one of the men and then a loud thud. The man stopped touching me and then there was silence, the only noise coming from the rain hitting the ground.

I couldn't bare it any longer I opened my eyes ,sitting up and was instantly blinded by the headlights. It took a while for my eyes to adjust when it did, I saw Lauren. She was limping toward me gripping her stomach.

I still couldn't see very well but as she came closer, I saw she was covered in blood. Then our eyes met, I quickly got up and ran to her. I put her one arm around me and tried helping her into the jeep, we had to get out of the rain.

She stopped me...

She took my hand and lead me to the passenger seat. I got in. She then slowly slide behind the wheel starting the jeep. Before we left I looked and saw four of the men, they did not move, I knew, they were dead. Lauren did that! How did she manage to do that?

I then looked at her, she was focused on the road and as much as she tried to hide it, she was in severe pain. My heart felt sore seeing her like this. I just wanted to help her.

I think she felt me staring when she looked at me, when she did I felt this strange feeling. Then she turned her eyes back to the road.

I relaxed back into the seat and as I did, I felt how sore my body was and how drenched I was from the rain, My head was throbbing like never before and my vision was still not very clear.

Every blink felt like something was stabbing my eyes. And I began shivering it was freezing and my teeth started chattering as I hugged myself trying to get warm.

Then I felt something warm wrap around me, it was Lauren, she covered me with her jacket.
And then I decided to break the silence "W-where are we going?", my throat hurt and my every word felt like pins and needles in my mouth.

She still never said anything. I turned and focused on the road ahead. We turned into a driveway, the house was painted a light blue colour and had trees surrounding it, not very well maintained.

Then Lauren got out of the car wincing again as she did. She indicated for me to follow so I got out too, having to hold the jeep for support, I felt weak. Where are we? Why is she not talking? I have so many questions.

Then she took out keys from her pocket and opened the front door. We quickly stepped in and she turned the light on, it was a very rundown house but it was very cozy and well decorated.

Suddenly my head started spinning and I felt dizzy. I held onto the wall and then I fell, the last thing I remembered was Lauren running forward to catch me and I blacked out.

Narrators P.O.V

Lauren limped into the bathroom, holding the walls for support. Her teeth tightly clenched together to avoid screaming.

She closed the door and began painfully taking of her bloody uniform. Her face was badly bruised, it was red and swollen.

She lifted her shirt, to look in the mirror,she was sure the man had broken a few ribs. And she may have been right, her chest area was turning blue and she touched the area causing her to bite down hard on her tongue.

There was also blood coming out of a huge stab-like wound from when the man's punched her with his right hand digging his ring into her flesh and dragging it along her abdomen. She tried cleaning the wound as best as she could and covered it with a bandage.

She got rid of her wet clothes and slowly dried her hair and body with a towel. She then slipped into a grey sweatpants and an oversized white t-shirt.

She made her way out of the bathroom into her room. She then set her eyes on Camila whom she had earlier carried to her bed and began thinking.

Laurens P.O.V

I looked at her on my bed, she looked so beautiful and peaceful. I stepped forward clutching my stomach. Fuck that hurts so much but not even the excruciating physical pain compared to the anger I felt when those men did that to Camila.

Why did I feel like this? Why do I feel like I need to protect her? Why did I feel like killing anyone who touched her? I hated her then why do I care about her so much?

I looked up again to see her brown honey orbs staring into mine...I was so deep in thought I hadn't realized she was awake. She was looking at me, I knew she had a lot of questions on her mind.

She began trying to get up, I quickly limped forward to help her but ended up almost falling, fucking stupid pain. She ran to me and caught me.

Her arms were holding mine as she tried to help me over to the bed, I guess I was the one in need of more help. I would have slept if only I didn't feel how cold and wet she was.

That meant she would get sick, no that's not good. Instinct took over me and I spoke "I am fine, I don't need your help." I pushed her hands away.

She watched me intently as I limped to my closet and pulled put out an oversized black Romance sweatshirt and sweatpants and gave them to her. She hesitantly took them.

"There is towels in the bathroom, you can shower if you like." I said.

She nodded and walked into the bathroom after a few minutes I heard the shower turn on. I slowly and really fucking painfully made my way to my bed. I sat down, my stomach burned like it was in fire.

I waited for her to finish. I wanted to sleep but I just couldn't I wanted to know if Camila was ok. I haven't really spoken to her that much since we have met. I hate her, remember that Lauren, her father is Alejandro, the man took everything from you, I reminded myself.

After a while, Camila stepped out of the bathroom wearing my Romance sweatshirt and pants. She looked so adorable and her messy semi wet hair draped over her face. She saw me sitting on the bed and her eyes widened.

I did not know why, then I looked down to my stomach, blood was seeping through the white shirt.

Okay hey everyone sorry for not updating, was just so busy. But updates will be more continuous from now on. Also sorry for this chapter, hope its not boring😂😂