Chapter 16

Camila's P.O.V

I can't breathe, my pulse rate was incredibly uneven. This past few hours have been a rollercoaster of emotions. I felt as if I wanted to just close my eyes and never open them again. My heart is beating erratically and my head is throbbing.

She pushed me hard against a wall, my back instantly feeling a sharp pain jolt through it. Her face so close to my mine. Her expression nothing but angered. I can't not stand to look her in the eyes, my favourite pair beautiful green eyes...who killed my husband. I was apprehensive at the thought of being in the same room with her.

She was asking what I knew...I really knew nothing at this point.

Shawn is dead. I didn't know how to feel. I am a 19 year old widow...how will I face society...sinu and Alejandro will be so disappointed.

All this was because of Lauren, I hate her so much. This was the first time I saw this side of her, she was beyond merciless just like Alejandro had told me. She hurt me so much, does she not care about me?

Why do I care if she cares about me? She is nothing but a cold blooded murderer. Yet I felt a sense of remorse for telling her I hated her, maybe I don't hate her as much ,NO, I HATE HER. Ever since she has come into my life nothing but bad things have happened. She has ruined my life.

I was heartbroken thinking about this version of her. I knew she was angry but the way she cared for me, the way she saved me and made sure I was fine...that couldn't have been faked...could it? I should be thinking of Shawn and yet here I am consumed by an endless train of thoughts about her.

A part of me was beyond terrified of the green-eyed officer. But another part of me felt safe with her, how could this be? My body is shaking at the imagery of Lauren shooting Shawn ran through my head on repeat. He was so innocent and he really was a good guy, he didn't deserve this.

Narrators P.O.V

Lauren barged into the cell again, frightening Camila. She walked towards her and banged the documents onto the table.
"You need to sign this!" the angry officer said sternly.

Camila began shaking as she finally gained courage to look into the officers eyes...they were hard and cold but she saw a hint of pain. That's when Camila looked at Lauren's uniform which was drenched in blood. She grew concerned, this feeling contradicted everything she felt.

"You are bleeding!" She said as she stepped forward and touched Lauren's uniform. Lauren winced pushing Camila's hands off her..."That's none of your concern, just sign these papers!".

Camila stepped back, she had enough and snapped... "I WON'T SIGN ANYTHING TILL YOU TAKE ME HOME, AND NOTHING WILL CONVINCE ME TO SIGN ANYTHING FOR YOU, YOU ARE AN ANIMAL, A MURDERER, A DEVIL AND I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

Lauren was taken aback but then quickly ordered the guard to open the door. Then finding her hand around Camila's thin wrist she pulled het out of the cell towards the jeep. "You need convincing then I will take you home".

The drive to the Cabello mansion was so silent one could hear a pin drop. Lauren drove so fast, she hit every bumped with made her wounds hurt like hell but she know Camila would get just as hurt. However the traumatised brunette sat in the passenger seat hoping that she gets away from Lauren.

The officer braked hard sending Camila almost through the windscreen. She got out and pulled small fragile girl out the jeep and walked down the Cabello mansion, it was filled with members of the community and the council.

This meant that the news had reached the community. Camila grew even more concerned, as Lauren dragged her through the crowd, she felt the lingering eyes on her and judging her. She out her head down and quietly followed Lauren.