𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

Its been two weeks and I've been visiting  Mar everyday for counseling.

But the thing is, I don't really council.

We just talk about almost everything, except for the reason why he's in prison. I still don't know why, but i don't plan on bothering him for it. 

But all that i do know is that he's broken inside.

I treat him like a normal person because I know that he needs it.

He tells me about his family and how he has a dog named Percy back home. Ive never seen them here for visiting hours before. 

I can tell Mariano doesn't like showing his emotions or any of his affection, but when he does, it leaves me feeling dizzy. Sometimes, even scared. Maybe even both.

I get scared because i find myself slowly falling for him, one step at a time.

Its not just his beautiful looks that strike me, but its how he acts. Like the way his eyes stare straight into mine with all the silence, or how he calls me Z or 'Zeze', or how he smiles when he talks to me. Sometimes I think all he needs is love.

But I'm scared to love him cause some people will criticize and say its not right.

---

"Sessions over." 

I jump back from the table and head straight to the door. "What do you do after our counseling sessions?" I ask and turn to Mar.

"Um, i go back to my cell? The rest of the day is pretty damn pointless except for lunch."

I laugh, "Lunch is always the best part of the day in my opinion."

"Well, not around here." He replies pulling his hoodie over his head. "thanks for the gum tho." Mariano winks, slipping the gum I probably stole from my dads car into his pocket.

"No Problem," i giggle, "Can I follow?" i ask the guards and they nod. 

They cuff his arms behind him and usher him back to his cell. I watch them shut the bars with with a huge clank and lock it. Mar holds his hands out through the bar and they un-cuff him.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He questions wringing his wrists.

"Or possibly later when I get bored in my dads Office."  I say wrapping my fingers against the bars and lean in, "See you later assclown." i quickly tap his nose and sprint away.

"Your so fucking childish Z." he says rolling his eyes.

___

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I know damn well lunch really isn't the highlight of my day. 

The food tastes like crap, and the company is crap, it all sucks.

Now I'm in line standing behind a guy with a shit load of piercings and thinking about Z. The fact that she's in the same building as me and i can't see her just irks my soul.

Its been a while since a girl made me feel this type of way before. I think I actually like her, but I'm not good for her. I collect my ass tasting food and head to our 'cell mate' table . They make us sit with our cell mates, and mine are a bunch of dudes who torture and kill for fun or enjoyment, or rape and murder.

Im in the same category as them, which tells you I'm just as worse as them.

"You know the girl that comes and visits you everyday, she's wearing a black laced bra." one says and laughs.

"How do you know?" I say leaving the table and getting my pills.

"Doggy style, we fucked through the bars of my cell." He says snickering, and cracking his knuckles.

"Thats real cute." I state swallowing my pills and clench my fists along the glass, I'm not ready to start a fight.

"True talk tho, she's fine as hell." someone adds

Zara is such a nice sweet girl and he's not wrong abut the fine part , she doesn't deserve to be talked about like that.

"Like seriously man, how do you keep your cool knowing that her sexy ass is in there with you, I could just imagine the things I could do to her." Another says and grins.

"shut up ." i say.

"what you Finna do, fuckboy?"

"nothing."

"I can just imagine spreading her legs open and fucking her brains out, shit, i can just imagine her screaming my name."

this fucking rapist needs to shut the fuck up.

I was out of my chair in seconds and up to his collar of his shirt, "shut the fuck up about Z or i will beat the fuck out of you." i spit out.

I forget tithing when i draw my fist out and punch him in the face not once, but twice in the nose.

----

𝐙𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

"Fight in the cafeteria ... Fight in the cafeteria, we need some staff right away!"

I took a glance at dad with a concerned look the moment his walkie talkie started to buzz. As a correctional Officer, during times like these is when he does his job .

"shit, I guess I got to break a fight." he says walking up from his desk.

"Can I come?" 

"no hunny, it -" he gets cut off by multiple officers running in line to get to the cafeteria. 

"this one looks pretty serious this time." an officer says and grabs my dads sleeve, dad shoots me a warning glance one last time before leaving me.

I can hear them speaking as they hustle into the elevator.

"who the hell is fighting?" 

"Castano, and-" then the elevator shuts.

As soon as i heard his last name i knew. Mariano.

I bolt from the desk and run to the stairs emergency exit, i skip atlas to stair as I'm running to get to the cafeteria.

Then i realize i have entered a room where i can over look the cafeteria. I hear a din being thrown, shouting, screaming, and the cling of banging utensils.

It was so challenging to find Mar, there was a whole crowed formed around.

i yelled his name. "MARIANO!"  he  immediately turned his head and we made eye contact.

His face was brused and he had a giant black eye, and his nose was bleeding. He opens his mouth to speak, put the other inmate grabs one of the metal lunch trays and swings it in his face.

I stare in horror as the gentle Mariano I know, starts slashing at the guy with a huge shard of glass, his teeth glowing with extortion, and his eyes wild and dark.

Blood continues to flow from the mans face, but Mariano swell continues to tear at his flesh, maniacally.

I gag and close my eyes.

𝐌𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

I'm almost faint after all the energy I put into fighting the stupid dumb ass that was talking dirty about Z. The guys still alive, as of right now.  I drop the bloody shard of glass and it shatters upon the tiled floors. I collapse onto the ground, exhausted. Drained of energy and probably blood.

When i turned around to look at Z,  i saw her gaze focus on me and her mouth dropped.

She will never look at me the same, ever.

-

𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕪𝕪