𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

* 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝. 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 (𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡)⚠️⚠️

the day before the execution, they move mar into a holding cell. its padded with cameras in all corners, making sure he doesnt end his life before they get a chance to do so.

He's supposed to be sentenced at 11 in the morning , and for break fast they brought him a fest, his last meal.

its a childs feast, with candy and crackers and a big slurpie. its the kind of food that makes you think of your child hood, carnivals, theme parks, and everything great in this world.

Mar looks at the food and shoves it away. I can't blame him, i wasn't hungry either."

"wow they gave me a blue ring pop."  he smiles lifting the candy 

"shit, i love that flavor." i murmur 

"wouldn't you want to be in my position now," he snickers peeling the wrapper off . "Fuck, my fingers are too big for this." he laughs fitting it onto his pinkie.

"Just give it to me."

"no, no i have to give it to you the proper way." he says holding it over his head. i roll my eyes as he giggles.

he grabs my hand and kneels down.

"what-"

"Zara, i love you."

my eyes start to sting, "i love you too."

"i never thought i could love someone this hard. let alone finding someone to love in prison. Your 16, you have a whole life  ahead of you. When i leave your going to move on-"

"no, i won't," my voice shakes.

"you have to move on, thats the point. My life is comping to an end soon and other than that, other than Mattia, you are the only one I'm leaving behind," he sighs, " That means the world to me."

he lifts up his hand, letting his fingers graze against my jaw. Mar caresses my cheek with his thumb, he directs his eyes to my face.

"And because him leaving you today, i can assure you that you are the love of my life." a tear slides down his cheek.

"Mariano-"

"shh, let me Finnish," he blinks quickly. i hold my breath, i want to suffocate.

"when i first saw you, i shout you were the most beautiful girl ever.You treated me like an actual human being, then i started to fall for you.When we lie together, i ask myself 'how the fuck can someone like you love me?'   And i thank God that it wasn't some damn dream."

"Mar-" i weep.

"You have made the last two months of my life, quiet enjoyable. And even when I'm gone i will be right by your side, so will my heart. and because I'm leaving you in 3 hours , we may never know where our relationship might take us."

my breath hitches, and i try to find my way out of my tears. but instead my sobs keep running down my body.

"but as of now, as my 18 year old self, i know where i would want to take this relationship, if i had a chance. this is my last chance. might swell do it now," Mar holds my waist, giving me support, "Can you stand?"