𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

I'm driving to the police station, and no one is stopping me.

Dad has no idea that I'm going, after Mar's fight he banned me from seeing him. I couldn't sleep that night, i mean how could i? I witnessed someones damage towards another, and the result was death. I also couldn't sleep knowing that Mar probably felt like shit. its killing me inside, not being with him.

Steve was pronounced dead yesterday, and Mar is considered a murderer. Now I'm starting to understand, Mariano isn't ill, he's just extremely irrational.

I still don't know why he's in prison, and i don't want to know anytime soon.

Its dark and chilly outside, i glance over to the clock.

11:55 pm.

I park the car in front of the outside bars, and walk towards the door. i walk inside and the guards stop me, "ma'am , we cant let you in visiting hours are at 10am to 10pm."

"I'm not a visitor, I'm an intern counselor and my client needs help asap." i snap, they nodded and lead me through. i hurry in triumph and get past the front doors, and soon the front desk.

"Miss, visiting hours are-"

"I'm an intern counselor, not a fucking visitor."

"your like a child, which inmate do you even council?" the front desk man challenges.

"Mariano Castano, he got into a fight yesterday and it was fatal. just a few days ago he was in a fight with the same man. i haven't had the chance to talk to him for the past couple of days, and i think this is an urgent emergency." i state.

he pushes back a little and presses a button that i believe pages someone.

"I'm also the Head Officers daughter, Officer Smith." i add on for good measure.

He nods and speaks, " Castano is in a very bad mental estate, are you sure you want to-" my heart falls.

"Im his councilor for a reason, i want to see him in his cell."

"i don't think thats possible," he starts to speak but the person on the call starts to speak. He looks up at me, "is your name Z"

"thats his nickname for me." i say with my heart clenching.

"the prison doctor thinks its best for you to see him in his cell." he releases the call button and ushers me towards the elevator. i let the doors slide shut together before letting my artificial confidence go.

-

I'm greeted by a man which who i assumed was Mariano's prison doctor, and another who was a correctional officer on duty. "Are you Z?"  

"yes."

"Mariano has been in a wreaked mental state for the past day, he didn't eat, speak,or sleep. The only time we got him to talk, he just asked us to, i quote:"Get Z."  

i bite the inside of my cheek and look down.

did he really? 

the doctor cleared his throat, " I think its best if you talk to him, its very clear that he needs you more than medication right now. Just this time."

The doctor leaves and the correctional officer leads me to Mar's cell, unlocking the door slow and silently. "whenever you want out just call for me." he says handing me a walkie talkie and locking the door behind me.

Mar sits at the corner of his bed, hugging his knees to his chest. i toss the walkie talkie to the side and run over to him. wrapping him in my arms, i notice his bandages are gone. "Mariano,"  i climb onto the bed and hold him as tight as i can. i tuck his head under my chin and run my hands up and down his spine.

Mar doesn't move, he just sits still under me, breathing slowly."Baby, please talk to me," i move away and slide my hands across his jawline and angled his face towards mine. his eyes are glossy and depressed.

"Mar, please, talk to me." i whisper, running my thumbs softy over his dark eyebags.

"Zara." his voice cracks 

i burst into tears, "everything is gonna be okay baby," i pull him in a embrace again ,"Everything gonna be okay." i repeat, slowly his arms rise up to my sides. i pull back and then our lips collide. i don't realize he's tearing up until i taste his tears.

"i-i didn't mean to do anything fucked up like that." he murmurs against my lips.

"i know."

"I'm so sorry Z, please don't hate me." his hands are warm, but rough against my cheeks.

"i love you Mar." ( I say sobbing the fuck outta myself)

His lips are still against mine, not moving. I feel them, hot and warm against mine, they trail down the side of my jaw. His teeth scrape the edge of my jawline. chills run down my spine as i gasp and stroke my hands trough his hair.

we are off the bed, and the next thing i know, I'm carried off to the other side of the room and my back has touched the wall. My heart races as his hands move up my shirt and my back is being branded.

Mariano's lips are at my ear, his warm breath brushing over my skin.

"I want you."

---

𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙩 ...⚠️⚠️

ᴬᴸˢᴼ, ᴵ ᴶᵁˢᵀ ᵂᴬᴺᴺᴬ ᵀᴴᴬᴺᴷ ᵞ'ᴬᴸᴸ ᶠᴼᴿ 300 ᵛᴵᴱᵂˢ, ᵀᴴᴬᴺᴷ ᵞ'ᴬᴸᴸ ˢᴼ ᴹᵁᶜᴴ ᶠᴼᴿ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴸᴼᵛᴱᴱᴱ😭💖