𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙆 𝘽𝙀𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝙉𝙏𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀

"how the fuck did you manage to do this," Mariano shouts in jubilance, " How the hell did you pull this off?"

i laugh and shoot him a small smile, "i have my ways." i wink.

"well whatever you did, it worked."

he grabs my hand and the warm air hits us in the face. it feels like freedom, i taste his freedom. 

"i might've spent the weekend with your lawyer and begged for the judge to give you one free day from prison life. you know, before your sentence."

he did not want to know what else i did to get him this opportunity.

i pull him towards dads car. "Did they just leave you to walk out of the prison like that, without any security?" i glance at Mariano as he wanders around and admire his settings.

"Mar, Hello." i snap

"yea, sorry, they gave me a ankle bracelet."

"you mean a tracker?"

"shut up, I'm trying to make it sound fancy and ion even know, trendy i guess."

i usher him into the vehicle, he gets in and i shut the door. "how trendy." i mumble.

"i really don't know how to feel right now." Mar murmurs as i pull out of the parking lot and swerve out of the prison. He looks like he's about to cry, so to break all tension i clear my throat.

"but on your seat belt honey." i say playing with his curls.

"fuck that shit." Mar rolls down his window and sticks his head out. i watch him as he slowly creeps a smile, and it was genuine.

the wind blows through his hair, and he sighs. "its been so fucking long." Mar leans back and closes his eyes.

"i know."

------------------------

i watch him shuffle through the radio, and he stops when "finesse " by drake plays.

"damn i missed listening to normal music," he sighs and i turn my head so he doesn't see me tearing up.

then i realize he really just another teenager 

"Where are we going?" Mar says lightly squeezing my thigh. i pull over on the side of the road.

"actually, i don't know." i say averting my eyes. he opens the door, "lets switch seats, i wanna take my girl on a date."

I watch as he turns back into traffic. he keeps his eyes on the road and slowly intersects. one hand rests on my thigh and the other is draped over the wheel.

Mar pulls his hand back as he enters the garage parking lot of the mall. he braces his free arm against my seat so he can park properly.

then i get emotional over Mariano Castano driving a car.

he cuts the engine, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"no your not, your crying." Mar wipes his thumb down my eye.

"lets just get on with whatever you want to do baby." i say cleaning my face.

"i wanna grab pizza and go to the movies, i don't know what movie is on now so we'll just watch whatever." he plants a kiss on the side of my cheek.