𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

⋆⋆⋆

"hows your nose?" , its been two days since the fight. Mar is getting discharged today, with some stitches and a recovering broken nose. 

That Steve kid survived with a hideous face , but its not like the surgery did anything new, his face was already horrendous in the first place.

"It doesn't hurt any more." mar says glancing down at his left hand thats cuffed to the bed.

"does your nose still look good?" 

"wow, what a superficial bitch." he jokes

"hey, i just want my boyfriend to look good." i blurt, laughing. Laughing because i just realized what a fool i made of myself. Suddenly Mar goes silent. Hol up- Hol up, what the fuck did i just say? My cheeks flush and i try to think of something to change the convo up.

Mar smirks, "i actually find it cute when your embarrassed." he intertwines our hands together with his free hand.

"i know." i say smiling trying to be confident.my thoughts are racing, did he really accept the label? we sit in silence for a moment. Were both thinking about the kiss.

his eyes shift to my lips and my heart is racing. I hold my breathe as Mariano leans in a little, then he snaps out of it and pulls away.

"why didn't you kiss me?" i pout.

"wait, you wanted me to kiss you?" he grins

"yeah, i was kinda turned on but you-"

"your doing a bad job at being my councilor, your not supposed to ask me to kiss you your supposed to, council  me. Your doing a bad job."

"are you-"

"since your my councilor, ill just tell you about my feelings."

"fine." i whine 

"to be honest, I've been feeling much happier."

"thats grate, tell me more." I say in such monotone. 

"i think it might be this girl i met, she makes me happy. Being with her is the highlight of my day. She gives me something to look forward to."

Im now struggling to breathe, "oh, do you normally talk to her about your feelings?"

"yeah, she makes me talk about my feelings and stuff."

"well, she sounds like a sweet, sexy, intelligent woman, and attractive individual." i say wiggling my brows at him.

"um, yeah she's beautiful."

"is she a great kisser, you know, gives you bombs smoochies."

"she's not quite there yet, but I'm sure we can move past that." 

"hey." I say jolting up and swinging my arm to his tricep. Mar bursts into laughter.

"who the hell said I was talking about you?" he says catching his breathe. 

"i mean, i assumed it was me because I'm actually amazing , attractive, intelligent, sexy, and etc. But the kissing part is def not me, Im a bombast kisser." i hough.

"z, your gross." he grimaces.

"okay, if the girl isn't me, will you atlas introduce me to her?"

"if i kiss you, will you shut up already?" Mariano pulls me forward and i slide off of my seat, my lips collide with his. Our lips are moving in sync but he's not touching me.

I grasp his hands and lift them towards my face, he cups my face gently and hesitantly. Holding me as if i was a fragile piece if glass.

he's still scared of hurting me.

we break away and  i lightly lean into his chest, stroking his hand lightly. i listen to him inhale and exhale."why do you even care for me Z?" he mentions in the silence.

"because you care about me, right?"

"i do, but your way out of my league." he says kissing the crown of  my head.

"shut up, there are no leagues, we are equal beings."

"I'm a criminal ,a guy like me could never be with a girl like you." he muses.

"don't be silly, your a great kisser thats all that matters."

"z, I'm serious-"

"I'm serious too, you treat me well." i poke at his chest.

"i have nothing to give you."

"you can give me dick." i smirk.

"Zara."

"okay, okay. Listen, Mar. i really don't know where this is heading, but you make me happy and i hope i make you happy too. i realize people are gonna oppose, but I'm gonna follow my heart. Thats on period."

He looks at his cuffed hand, tugging at it slightly.

"do you wanna know why i fought Steve?"

i shoot my head towards him.

"i just wanted to protect you z, he was talking dirty about you, and i lost it. i just got mad. i don't want anyone talking about you like that. i kinda got out of hand with it, kinda like everything we do.thats why I'm scared of being with you, i always go too far.

I crack a small smile.

"then i hope our relationship will go as far as you."

»»»

i trail beside as Mar gets lead back to his cell with is hands cuffed infant of him, two guards by his side, Dad and Officer Johnson. Steve walks infant of us, down the side.

Mar hangs his head in effort to avoid Steve."

"your gonna pay for this fuckboy." Steve starts to speak. Mar's head pops up, and his muscles tighten.

"shut up." Johnson says.

"im not scared." Mar says, jawline clenched. i place my arm on his chest genteelly, "don't listen to him, he's all talk no action." i murmur.

"shorty really cares about this fuckboy, damn no taste." Steve addresses me.

"fuck you." i snap, dad glares at me.

"i don't mind honey." Steve says and smiles, "missionary, or doggy style?"

Dad draws his breath in, deep. Then, all of a sudden, Mar manages to get out of there grip and be fore i knew it he was pushing Steve against the bars of another inmates cell.

αℓℓ нεℓℓ вяεαкs ℓσσsε

the officers try to break them apart, but Mar somehow manages to strangle Steve with hand cuffs.

"MAR,STOP." i say hoping to get his attention, but nothing.

they manage to grab Mar, but he thrashes and throws himself at Steve, slamming Steve's head against the concrete bars around the cell.

I hear a sickening crunch of bones and Steve's head snaps back against the rusted metal. the inmates shout, cheering them on. I watch as a number of officers sprint forward to brake the fight. "Sedative , Sedative ." i hear someone give orders. 

ᴍᴀʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ

The guards are pulling me back, but i just can't give.

why cant this fucker die already?

i can hear Z telling me to stop, but it sounds so distant. I block her out just like i always do when i lose control. 

Grunting with force, i slam Steve's head on the ground, blood seeps from behind his ear, running down my hands and his neck.

he's practically useless beneath me, might as well Finnish the damn job. its now or never. My thumbs press on his Adams apple , i grit my teeth with force and watch as his eyes roll back and his life gives away. falling helplessly beneath me.

I let go of him and he slips to the ground, blood streaming from his head. He's not gonna live this time.