Chapter Nineteen

"Hello?" I said answering my phone swiftly.

"Hey Del, it's Emma! Amanda, Chloe, and I were wondering if you wanted a girls day out today? Maybe a nice spa, shopping, and ice cream?" Emma said gushing in excitement.

She was quite perky, which was refreshing.

"Ah, I'd love to Emma, but i'm meeting someone later today." I said.

"Ooooo, who is it?" Emma said curiously.

"Tom." I muttered.

"I knew it! Well, have fun on your date!"

"It's not a date!" I stated sternly.

"Yes it is. When a man wants to meet you in some place, privately, like a restaurant, or the cinema, that's a date!" She said.

"Oh, whatever."

"You know just as much as I do this isn't some McFly meeting."

"Yeah...I know." I confessed.

"Don't think of it too much, dear."

"Will do. Rain check on that girls day out?"

"Of course. Bye Del!"

"Bye!"

I laid down my phone and decided to play some guitar, since I had plenty of free time before our...meeting.

I started to play the song that Tom wrote earlier. I hope this is a new one for the album.

But I wondered something.

Who was it really about?

Three Hours Later:

I woke up in a haze after falling asleep while play guitar (this kind of thing would only happen to me), and looked up at the clock.

Crap. It was already 6:30, and I said i'd meet him at 7:00.

I quickly redid my hair, grabbed my purse, and dashed out of the door to get a taxi.

As I stepped into the park, I observed the area. It was a very beautiful park. It had lots of trees covered in leaves of all different colors and sizes. The atmosphere was very refreshing.

As I was walking, I glanced over at a rickety old bench. There was a man sitting there with glasses and a flat cap on.

"Hello." Tom greeted me with a friendly smile.

"Hi, Tom." I said.

I stood there for seemed like an eternity of odd silence.

"Have a seat." Tom said directing me while clearing his throat.

"So, was it you exactly wanted to talk to me about?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I wanted to explain some things."

"Like what?"

"All of it."

I raised my eyes by the this statement.

He looked out of the corner of his eye and sighed.

"Here goes nothing." He said.

"Tom, just tell me, please."

"Okay, i'll just tell you from the beginning....I was on top of the world. I was in an amazing band, with three amazing guys, we had a debuting number one album,it went double platinum to be exact, and  several number ones on the radio. Everything was going my way But, Well, I noticed how I was quite chubby compared to the rest of the boys." He said pulling  out his wallet.