1. MEET HER

Where are you?? - S
Will reach in 5 :D - K

Samyra read the message and rolled her eyes. She had been sipping black coffee in a mall food court for about 30 minutes now. Her friend Keisha had asked her to meet there and was late as always. As she was dragging through her now damn cold coffee ,she spotted Keisha near the escalator and waved to her.

"Hi! Sphinx sorry got late,was caught in traffic" Keisha said sitting on the chair opposite Samyra and scanning the menu.

Samyra gave her an angry look and waited as she gave order to the waiter.

"One nachos with cheese dip for you and black coffee for her, anything else?"the waiter asked. He left when they shook their heads.

"How can you drink that tasteless thing...its puking yuck!!!" Keisha said pointing a finger to her mouth and making a disgusting face.

"Will you please stop this blabber and come to the point. What was so important that you wanted to meet so urgently?" Samyra asked

"OK brace yourself ,the thing is that Samrat asked me out today and so I need a cute dress to go on a date with him next Sunday."

"Seriously, u called me in the middle of a Sunday afternoon so that we can go shopping for your stupid date with Samrat? You know I don't like going on a shopping spree and you have literally tons of clothes you haven't touched" Samyra said angrily " and you guys have been on and off since two months stop acting like a teenager."

"But I love shopping and as my best friend its your duty to give me company"

They ate and then Keisha dragged Samyra through half a dozen shops for four hours.

- - -

"But mom I don't want to marry just yet " Samyra said to her mom and dad that evening when they told her that a boy was coming to see her next week.

Samyra came from an Indian family living at Baroda and her parents were on the border of conventional and liberal behavior.

She was their only child and being the eldest among most of her cousins was everyone's idol daughter.

"We are not telling you to marry him immediately. Just meet the guy and see how it goes" said her father. "And besides he is the son of your paternal uncle's friend so we can't just tell him no, its the matter of family reputation" added her mother.

"I have told you that I will marry whoever you select for me, but I have just started my career and I want to build my life first"Samyra reasoned.

"You have your whole life to do that and you are already 23 its about time we start searching for a good life partner for you"her mom said in the tone which implied it was the end of the discussion.

"OK fine, as you say so. Tell me the date so I can apply for leave in the office" hope my boss declines the leave,Samyra thought.

******

A/N

This is my very first attempt at writing so please don't judge very harshly. I am also sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes.

Would really love to hear you suggestions and comments.

Thank you for reading!!!!