o n e ♪

hey! i have a blog! so if you're interested in my personal life, the link is in my bio.

hello again :) this book will be written in all lowercase for aesthetic purposes and also my keyboard is permanently in lowercase mode so here we are. i figure if people can throw grammar out of the window on wattpad then we'll say goodbye to uppercase letters too. if you hate it i totally get it but i swear it grows on you.

you do not have to read the first two installments (snowed in and trapped in) but you will get more references or little jokes if you do. your choice my guy.

college absolutely sucks

you kick your own butt to make deadlines and work even harder to keep your social life alive only to have some guy hand you a piece of paper, wave you off as you step onto the streets with heaps of student loan debt and no clue where to find a job that actually makes use of the degree you just works multiple years for.

i don't necessarily consider myself a pessimist yet sometimes my inner luke danes creeps out and i've just got to grumble under my breath. i do not, however, relate with luke and his hatred for caffeinated coffee. meaning, i need coffee. i've somehow obtained this mad addiction to it somewhere between my third all nighter cram session and the time where i fell asleep on the toilet in the public restroom during professor peterson's lecture on the importance of...whatever he was talking about that day.

i would also like to say that i am very grateful for the opportunity to go to college and to actually not being stuck with all of that debt because of my ridiculously wealthy parents. i say "ridiculously wealthy" with no feeling of pride because i don't see a cent of it. not unless my parents deem it important to indulge me. what i'm not grateful for is the fact that they chose my school, gave me no choice in the matter, and very slyly manipulated me into staying home instead of living in a dorm and having a real college experience.

don't get me wrong, my parents are great. they've taken me on trips, blessed me beyond measure, and they truly love me. i know they do. however, they have also chosen the sports i played in elementary school and through high school, practically hand picks the very few guys i've dated, and haven't allowed me to have a job. they insisted that i had to focus on my grades but now there's nothing they can do to stop me from growing up.

the only problem is actually finding a job.

"symphony!" i hear a deep voice behind my as i push the glass door to the coffee shop outside, an iced brève in my hand. taking a sip, i turn around to see conner, a smiley dark skinned boy who has on more than one occasion saved my backside in class by taking notes as i napped accidentally.

"conner!" i respond with the same enthusiasm, "hey, i haven't seen you since graduation. how are you?"

"i'm great. i just started at my new job. it's alright but the shifts start out way too early." he chuckles, holding the door open for me as i step outside into the fall air, pulling my jean jacket around me tighter.