Run Away

Y/n's P.O.V

I wake up really early and get all of my documents and things ready . My step-parent won't even step in my room . All the documents are also kept by me , so there aren't many problems now . It is even easier and faster since I don't have to cook . 

I go to school . By the recess time , I go to the headmaster's office instead of the office . I knock on the door .

Mr. Kang (headmaster) : Come in .

Me : *enter* Good morning , Mr. Kang .

Mr. Kang : Oh , Y/n . Our top student . Good morning . What's the matter ?

I hand him the letter .He read the letter carefully .

Mr. Kang : *sigh* I see ... You are a really good student , Y/n . Is this school bringing too much problem for you ?

Me : It's not like that at all . I like this school but ... It's some family matter I have ...

Mr. Kang : You know you can tell me everything . I am here to listen . 

Me : To make it short , you know I live with my step-parent , right ? 

Mr. Kang : Yeah ..

Me : They didn't take care of me because they love me ... It's because they want the fortune left for me . The lawyer said that 50% of the fortune would go to the person who take care of me until I turn 18 . I can't stand getting tortured everyday . So ... I am going to run away to an orphanage . 

Mr. Kang : Is the fortune left for you big , may I ask ?

Me : I don't think it's that much . I wasn't even close to be called rich .

Mr. Kang : Alright then ... I know you must've thought this through ... And I believe in you . I'll give you all the documents you need . 

He called the secretary and not long after , the secretary came in , bringing my documents .

Mr. Kang : Here you go ... *hands the documents*

Me : Thank you . Umm ... What's in this envelope .

Mr. Kang : The rest of your scholarship bills ... Please take it and be a successful student somewhere else . Use it for your everyday expenses later too . Have you looked into the orphanage that you want to go ? 

I couldn't held back my tears . I just felt loved . It's the first time in five years .

Me : Thank you so much for helping me in so many ways , sir . I don't know how I can repay your kindness .

Mr. Kang : Come on .. It's not even that much .. All you have to do to repay me is to be happy . How about the orphanage ?

Me : I've already found one ... I'll try my best . Thank you again , sir . 

Mr. Kang : No problem .

After that , I go back to my class and complete the day . After school , I go to the convenience store that I work at and tell the owner that I would like to stop . He also give me some piece of advice since we are kind of close . 

Right after that , I quickly go back home and do all the house chores left for me . I take my things carefully , not to live a single thing and I take a cab to the address . After a while , we arrived at the destination . I take my things and pay . 

I ring the doorbell a couple of times . The orphanage looks nice . Not long after , a woman that seems to be around her 30's come out with a warm smile . 

Woman : How may I help you ? *smile sweetly*

Me : Umm ... Actually I ...

Woman : Oh , how rude of me . Please come in first . 

She took me inside to a room that seems like an office . She sit in front of the table and ask me to do the same .

Woman : My name is Kim Hee Mi . You can call me Miss Kim .

Me : I am Song Y/n . 

Miss Kim : What a beautiful name you have . By the way , how can I help you ?

Me : Thank you . Actually I want to register to this orphanage .

Miss Kim : Pardon me ? Did I misheard ?

Me : No , you don't . I want to stay here ... Can I ? I brought everything . My documents , school results . Everything .

Miss Kim : I'm sorry to ask this but what happened to your family ?

Me : I was told that they died in a car accident . 

Miss Kim : Oh , sorry dear .

Me : Don't worry .. It happened five years ago . I know .. You have a lot of questions .. So ... To make it short , I live with my step-parent and they kind of abused me . So , I run away from them. I really can't let them know . They would get mad and beat me . So I ran here since this place is kind of far away from where I live .

Miss Kim : Oh god ... Pity you *hugs me* I know it's hard . Of course I will let you stay here . Make yourself at home . *looks at document* You also have good results . We can provide you school then . 

Me : Thank you so much for saving my life . Here , take this . 

I hand her the envelope of my scholarship money . 

Miss Kim : Oh , don't worry dear . This orphanage is supported by a very nice woman and we have a school , special for the orphans here . 

Me : I can't just live here so suddenly ... I would feel really bad .

Miss Kim : That's what we do ... Why would you feel bad ? Don't be . I treated all the kids here like my own . Now you are one of us . Welcome to the family .

I can't do anything but just agree and give her a big hug . I feel really comfortable .