☾ 4 ☾

"(Y/n)!" my mom called me from the dinning room "Kuroo and Kenma are here!" she informed me.

As I heard both of their names I couldn't help but smile. During the whole week I had been wanting for the weekend to come so I could finally see my two best friends. I quickly grabbed my Game boy and rushed down to the hall where Kenma was already absorbed in his console and Kuroo greeted me with an eye-closed smile while he held the volley ball.

"Wait" my mom stopped me before I left the house with the two boys "Be here for dinner okay?" she told me. 

"Don't worry Mrs. Ukai, we'll be here on time" Kuroo smiled leaving the house. I hugged my mom and followed them out. 

"My brother showed me two different types of spikes" I said cheerfully as we walked through the sunny streets of summer. 

"Oh? Really? That's great (Y/n). As long as you're with us the three of us will get to the top, together" Kuroo said throwing up the ball to catch it later, making me smile "Right Kenma?"

He looked up from the console.

"She first needs to know how to do them in order to teach us Kuroo" he stated.

"I will learn it easily, I promise" I said with a confident expression, nodding my head.

Kuroo nodded with me and we kept cheerfully talking a bit more. Because we only got to be together on the weekends and not even all of them we normally explained what had happened to us during the week. From the good things like new friends they made or school trips we did, to bad things like when someone bothered us or if we had fought with someone. This made me feel like I had a second family because there were things I couldn't talk either with my parents, because they were too busy, nor my brother, because he was older and didn't want to be bothered with my 'childish things'.

We played all evening on the court until we were exhausted and sweaty, but even then we never stopped smiling and laughing, even Kenma let out a slight chuckle from time to time.

I stared at them. Kenma's serene aura that made me feel as if there would never be any problem, and Kuroo's bright smile and gentle eyes that made me feel that if there ever was one the three of us would get through it together. I smiled, feeling genuinely happy for having them in my life. 

I woke up to the alarm with an unsettling sensation. I sat up on my bed rubbing one of my eyes with my hand, recalling what I just dreamt. Or more specifically, the memory I just dreamed of. 

I got ready for school and left, letting another regular day pass by. After classes, I stayed there taking some more pictures of another club I had yet to photograph, and then left to my home where my dad was waiting for me. We needed to register in Tokyo, so I wasted a couple of hours without doing anything but accompanying my dad.

"You are friends again then?" my dad asked me as he drove back once we were already done. 

I shrugged.

"We're just partners in this project dad, I'm not sure if we'll be able to go back. Kuroo doesn't even remember me" I said answering his question as I looked out the window and ran my fingers through the window.

He finally stopped the car in front of a house.

"Why not try it? Give him time, you've both changed (Y/n). Don't be so negative all the time" he told me, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack "Do I need to pick you up later?" he asked me.

"No need" I said closing the door. He left and I rang the bell of the familiar house. 

I stepped inside and went to Kenma's bedroom. I knocked twice and stepped inside once he told me to.  He was sitting on the floor with a pillow in between his arms as he had all his attention focused his Game boy. I looked at him and his surroundings, focusing on his small hair bun, and the books and notes scattered around.