☾ 12 ☾

(Y/n)'s POV:

It was break time and I was lucky enough to be able to leave class earlier, so here I was, walking to where I believed were the 3rd years classes in order to find a specific bed-haired boy.

"Kuroo!" I stopped on my tracks as I finally spotted him inside his class that was now half empty because of the people having left to the cafeteria.

He turned around to look at me and kept staring at me without making the minimum expression or sound.

"I came to ask you when is it fine for you to set a date for the (f/sb) revision classes" I said walking a little inside the classroom. 

He kept staring at me without saying a word. At the beginning I just looked at him back normally like I would have done any other time, just waiting for his answer. But as I kept staring at him I realized three things. One was the slight wrinkle over one of his brows almost as if he was slightly frowning. The other one was how his eyes were looking at me, in a way I had never seen. He was looking at me but almost as if he was looking past me, lost in thought. And then, the last thing I realized is that he wasn't going to answer me.

"Kuroo?" I called for his attention, feeling a little awkward because of his intense gaze on me and the silence. 

He seemed to come back from whatever were his thoughts and blinked twice, trying to change his expression or at least make it less obvious. He grabbed his things at a lighting speed.

"Yes, sorry. I can't now. I need to leave" he said and as quickly as he had said that he was already leaving the class, leaving me behind filled with confusion. I looked back at his seat, more specifically at Yaku and Kai who were sitting there with the same dumbfounded expression as mine. 

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, but they just shrugged. 

Finally, the day was finished, and so I decided to walk to the lockers so I could grab my stuff and leave. However, as I was doing so I just had the unconscious urge to look at my side, where I saw Kuroo leaning on a far wall with his friends although his attention wasn't on them but me. I quickly looked back to my locker feeling all more weirded out because of his uncommon face. 

Lately I had been meeting Kuroo's gaze, but normally whenever we used to lock eyes he would smirk at me, almost as if he was teasing me from afar which only made me feel he was his teasing self and everything was good and regular. But today he was being too weird. 

I understood that maybe he was busy so he didn't have time for neither of us to study. I got that, but I didn't get why acting so hyper. Like when I asked him, firstly he was so spaced out and sucked on me as if I had something on my face. And again, the weirdest thing was his serious expression. Besides, there was no logical explanation for him to just flee like that when I asked him because he had literally run away from me. And now he was staring at me from afar again, but not with that cheeky smile but with that frown again that provoked a weird sensation on my chest I didn't like. 

I decided to leave from there quickly as I didn't like to feel being under watch, and instead I went outside to wait for Kenma to appear, until he did and I jumped on him, taking him by surprise although it wasn't quite portrayed in his poker face.

"What is it?" he asked noticing me a little agitated. 

"Kuroo is weird" I said.

"Yeah" he answered normally and kept walking as I followed him.

"I'm serious Kenma. He's been acting weird. He flees from me, and I've noticed him judging me from afar" I said looking to the ground, really hating this throbbing pressure on my chest. I closed his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Don't mind him, he's just stupid" he said as he grabbed his bag.

"Are you sure? I feel as if I had done something bad to him. Is he mad or something? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, starting to think about the worst case scenarios. 

"Aside from keeping the truth from him..." he said like daggers, that cut right through my chest.

"Did you tell him? Is he mad because of that?" I started low-key panicking.

"I didn't tell him" he said, making me feel a little relieved, although the worry for Kuroo still remained there "Just forget it, he'll get over it soon" he added leaving towards the boy's locker room.

I looked at him disappearing behind the door not knowing if he had also ran away from me by fleeing to the lockers' room or not. However, whatever it was I couldn't do much now so I decided to go home and hope that Kenma was right.

Kenma's POV:

'Am I the only one who has common sense here? ' I asked myself as I walked to the bench.

I sat there in silence once I had put on my volleyball clothes, taking my Game boy out as I waited for Kuroo at my side to change as well, and also made time for the most people possible to leave and thus have more privacy. 

"(Y/n) asked me about you" I said lowly but loud enough for him to hear. Knowing that the mere sound of the name would make him pay attention to me. And it did, he stopped moving for a second before putting on his black shirt and doing as if he hadn't heard me "She's worried that she's done something to you" I said again as I played with my game but looked at him from the corner of my eyes, seeing how his face grimaced a little "Stop being such an ass and get a hold of yourself will you" I finally said, really feeling tired of both of these morons "Why are you acting so fucking dumb"

Kuroo's eyes widen a little in shock as he heard me use such intense words in comparison with my laid back self.

"She's just a lot to process" he said also lowly "I don't know how to look or talk to her now"

I sighed knowing that if I wanted them to stop acting like this I would have to put out a deep speech that only from thinking about it made me wonder if it was worth it. 

"Does knowing who she is change how you've been feeling about the (Y/n) from when we were kids?" I asked.

He stopped for a moment, thinking about it.

"No..." he mouthed.

"Does it change the way you said you felt about the (Y/n) from now?" I asked again.

He thought for a while more.

"I guess not... It's just there's too many feelings together and I don't know how to express them or process them" he finally admitted "I don't know Kenma, I'm angry. But I'm so happy that she's back. And I'm also sad..." he said, not really getting into why he was sad.

"Look, I don't care what mess you have" I said standing up "But just grab a hold of yourself and focus on volleyball" I finally said seriously "And stop acting weird around her, you'll get her more worried" I added as we both exited the lockers' room "Just figure it out"