☾ 5 ☾

I was leaning with my elbows on an open window of the corridor of Nekoma high. Watching people walk around the hall, going to other classes to meet their friends, or coming from the cafeteria with their hands full of bread rolls and other yummy stuff. 

Some people noticed me and greeted me, so I smiled and greeted them back, until I got tired of it and sighed letting my body fall a little more against the  windowsill while looking at my side, at the other side of the window, watching Kenma play with his Game boy with the exact same expression he had been having since the beginning of the break. 

"Do you still play Battletoads?" I asked him out of nowhere.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, letting me know I had, even if it was just a little, picked his attention.

"Mhm" he said with a slight nod.

"You know, I actually got to beat your record from when we were kids" I said with a proud smile.

"I did so too" he said normally, letting me feel like if a frying pan had been let go over my head and had hit me.

He stopped playing and took the cartridge out as I sighed because my attempt to make conversation with him about other things that weren't related to the project had ended a failure faster than it normally happened with the rest of my plans.

"Here" Kenma's voice took me out of my thoughts, making me look up from the floor to him "You can try again" he said before handing me the console with the Battletoads game on it"

An enormous smile appeared on my face without being able to help it, feeling a huge weight of my chest being lifted off, thinking that maybe there was a little hope for us being friends again.

I started playing and I'm going to be honest, the first tries I totally sucked, but they were just to remember how the controls worked. After a couple of minutes, once I started to get a hold of it again, I was closer and closer to beat his record. So close that even Kenma started to look at the console from the corner of his eyes. I just needed to finally pass the motorcycle level, which although it was the most difficult I was really close to doing.

"Oya Oya" A head popped in between Kenma and me from behind, scaring the crap out of me and thus making me lose almost when I was going to beat him.

"You idiot! I'm gonna kill you!" I couldn't help but yell at him angry as he was laughing at me. 

I looked at him with the biggest frown and ended up sighing to try again. 

"What were you two doing? Are you still on a project?" he asked, leaning on the window from outside, his head still in between Kenma and me.

"Yeah, a really difficult one so if you don't mind I'm trying to do something here" I said totally focused on the screen. 

At those words Kuroo's head came closer to mine, watching the game which made me feel a little nervous and made me die again, making me click my tongue against my mouth.

"Man, you suck" he teased.

"I didn't before, but you came interrupting my soon to be the new highest record" I excused myself.

"Are you saying that I make you nervous, (L/n) (Y/n)?" he teased further.

"You wished, Kuroo Tetsuro. If you think you're better than me why don't you try, you loser?" I said putting the Game boy on his chest so he'd   'show me how it was done' . 

He chuckled and started playing but obviously didn't get any close to beat Kenma's record. Although neither did I.

"You both suck" Kenma finally said, taking his Game boy from our hands once the bell rang.