☾ 8 ☾

(f/sb) > favorite subject, or the one you're best at.

Kuroo's POV:

I read for the hundredth time the same page, and for the hundredth time I neither understood what was on it nor could retain any of its information. I looked around the library, watching the people sitting near me being completely focused on their books and notes, being responsible while I just had accepted my fate: failing this hell of a subject. I looked farther to the bookshelves but didn't see anyone, which made me wonder what would (L/n) be doing. 

She had come in like an hour ago, she probably was on exams as well, but it had been a lot of time since I had last seen her, and she had for sure not left the library.

' I could take a break ' I decided standing up and walking through the bookshelves and their aisles, looking for the (h/c) girl until I saw her, staring with squinted eyes at a book that was sitting on the last shelves, making me smile at her slight angry expression. I leaned on the bookshelf as she didn't seem to notice me yet, and looked at her stretching, trying to get the book that she didn't reach for literal inches. 

"Man, being short must suck" I said walking closer to her as I provoked her with a smile. 

She moved her eyes from the book to me, still with the same serious gaze she was dedicating to that book. 

"I don't need to be tall if I have a brain, wish you could say the same" she retorted to my comment, making me smile bigger as I couldn't let out a chuckle because we were on a library.

"Oh okay, then ask that brain of yours to bring down that book, I'd love to see it" I told her, looking down at her and how she was frowning as I got closer to her for teasing purposes.

She looked defiantly at my cocky grin for some seconds until she turned around and disappeared to the tables where I came from. I followed her to the end of the aisle where I stayed looking at what she was doing, not believing she just left. And I was correct, she didn't. She grabbed a chair and carried it back to where we were. She placed it down while looking at me, still with the same daring expression that made my smile genuinely widen. And without dropping her gaze from my eyes, she stretched to grab the book, holding out to me with a winning and self-sufficient smile. I couldn't help it anymore and let out a low chuckle while I got closer to her again. As she was too focused on looking defiantly at me she didn't realize when I took the book out of her hands and placed it over the top of the shelf, making her not being able to reach it because of how dangerous it was to try stretching that much on top of that chair.

"Asshole" she mumbled loud enough for me to hear it, making me smile again.

"I prefer Kuroo" I told her "Actually, Kuroo-san to you" I kept on taunting her.

"Kuroo-suck-my-ass" she retorted making me laugh again.

"You know, if you keep mentioning your ass to me I'll think you actually want that to happen" I tormented her again. 

"Shut up and give me the damn book will you" she said with a grimace.

I chuckled a little at her exasperation because it made me a bit thrilled to know that she'd always tease me back, and grabbed the book to finally hand it to her. She took it and left the aisle to the table so she could study too. 

I saw her leave and with a sigh I grabbed the chair she had left there to take it to its place. Feeling bored to know my break was over again I went back to my place to keep studying as well, not without seeing where (L/n) was sitting and seeing she was actually almost in front of me.