☾ 13 ☾

(Y/n)'s POV 

' This is not a good idea... ' I thought to myself as I stood next to Shoji and tried maintaining a smile.

I had come to the gym because Shoji had asked me if I could come and take pictures of the beginning of the training camp with Ubugawa, Shinzen, Fukurodani, Karasuno, and Nekoma, that would start later on. But I would have known that she would somehow end up convincing me to stay with her during it all, even though I had promised multiple times before that I wouldn't.

"(L/n)! You finally stayed!" Bokuto screamed at me with his big bright smile as he saw me, making me inevitably smile as well, this time genuinely because of his honest enthusiasm. I nodded at his comment "Good! You will be able to see us beat the other teams!" he said with a triumphant fist and a glow in his eyes as if it had already happened.

"I don't think she cares" Akaashi said with his aloof tone making Bokuto pout and turn around to him.

"Akaaashi! Shut up!" he complained as a child making me laugh because of their funny relationship. 

Shortly after that we were prompted to help set the stuff all the 5 teams would later need, so all of Nekoma and Fukurodani started cleaning the place as right now it was full of stuff from other sports.

I was sweeping the floor in order to get it to its best state for the matches, humming internally one of my favorite songs that had been stuck in my mind since I woke up. Bobbing my head slightly at the nonexistant rhythm. I was actually so in my own world that I only realized someone was at my side, sweeping as well, once they were really close to me. Making me also realize who it was. 

I looked at Kuroo from the corner of my eyes, fleeing from his gaze immediately because of the weird incidents that had been happening. It was actually a little funny because I knew he was here, obviously, and I had also noticed him before. We hadn't talked, we hadn't even looked at each other which in a way was a relief as it tricked me into thinking there wasn't anything weird going on between us. He also wasn't looking at me with the same worryingly serious expression as the last day, or at least I hadn't caught him doing so which was something, and besides from that, that weird tension in between us was somehow lower although it still existed, and I still didn't know what had caused it, even though Kenma had told me to ignore it. But still, even if the atmosphere was lighter, I still couldn't help but feel slightly rigid with him around as I still didn't know what was wrong.

Kuroo looked a bit lost in thought too as he gazed around but nowhere specifically, and specially not at me.

"Mmh" he made a thinking sound catching my attention, although I still looked at him only from the corner of my eyes "I thought you didn't want to come" he finally said.

I was a bit surprised that he was finally talking to me, so I looked at him for a couple of seconds before turning my attention to the floor again.

"I didn't" I said with a sheepish smile "Shoji kind of dragged me, but hey, what can I do. At least I get to see some good volley right?" I tried to keep the conversation going a little because I didn't want this attempt of fixing whatever was wrong between us go to waste. 

"I thought you said you didn't like volleyball anymore" he said, now fully looking at me although I kept my gaze on the floor.

"I mean I do, but playing is not the same now" I said.

"Why exactly?" he asked me, still focused on me. I at least knew he was because I felt as if I was under such a strict watch that any subtle change of my expression would be detected.