☾ 6 ☾

(f/sm)  >  favorite series of movies

I'm writing this a long time after this book is finished and it's basically because many people find it weird and 'tiring?' that Kuroo and (Y/n) don't remember each other. As I said at the beginning, this book was based from my experience of one of my best friends from my childhood not remembering me when we met again at a sports team. Which at the time amused me but it was true, she didn't remember me, and she never did. And then again, a few years ago I met with a girl with who I used to be very close when we were really young. And I didn't remember her at all. In fact, she didn't either until a friend in common told us who we were. So yeah, it might happen and in my experience at least, it's kind of common. Sorry for the long text lol but just wanted to say that

I turned around on my chair now that the class was finally over, and gazed to Kenma who was closing his books seemingly lost in his world. I took out a wrapped box I had on my bag and placed it on top of his books, startling him for a moment. He looked at the purple wrapping paper and then at me, not understanding what was this about.

"It's a gift" I said with a smile, already wanting him to open it.

"I can see that" he said plainly "But why?" he asked me.

"Open it" I answered simply as I kept my smile.

He looked at me for some more seconds and then proceeded to get rid of the paper, showing what it contained: another box. He held the lid of the little box and finally opened it. My smile grew bigger at the expectation as I stared attentively to his expression, which was focused on the inside of the box with his eyes slightly bigger than the normal, probably surprised as to what lied inside. 

"I found it the other day and thought you might use it more than I do having in mind that my Game boy broke a long time ago" I explained  "Besides, I thought it would be cool if we could play... Like we used to" I added hesitantly.

"I haven't got you anything" he said looking up from the box to me. 

"Oh no no, you didn't need to" I laughed awkwardly "I just wanted to give it to you"

He kept on staring at me with the same look he had when he was analyzing the situation in a volleyball match, but this time being me the one who was under evaluation. Eventually he stopped and kept on packing his things up.

"Is everything okay?" he asked me while doing so.

"What do you mean?" I ask while also putting my bag around my shoulder.

"I don't know, you tell me" he said as we both left the classroom "Is there anything you wanted to talk about?" he repeats.

"I don't think so" I said shrugging. He didn't ask me anything else and we kept on walking "You know" I found myself saying "I'm glad we can be friends, even it's not like we used to, I'm happy anyways" I said with a smile.

"Would you like it to be like it used to?" he asked me to which I obviously nodded "Why can't it then?" he asked me.

I couldn't help but frown a little at the obvious question.

"I mean, it would be ideal but I don't think it will ever be possible. It's fine though, at least I have you back" 

"Do you know what's missing?" he asked me making me sigh.

"If this is going towards a 'Talk to Kuroo' thing again I'm leaving" I said as I already knew he thought it would be better if I told Kuroo so he'd know like Kenma did. But I was sure it was better this way, and I was a little tired of having to talk about it because it wouldn't change my opinion and it would only made me think about him and me and thus make me feel bad.