Chapter 1 The Descent

A realm within DazzlHart, lies secret rulers of the shimmering palace Mistress Moon

The children of King Jared and Queen Amber Munelit were gathered around the crystal fireplace in their parents' sleeping chambers, thinking of a middle name for their eighth and last sibling, Jacinth, as she teethed on her blanket lying in her golden crib. Jacob Shining (the tallest son) suggested, "Ember!"

"How 'bout Elmu?!" said Jared II who was eight.

"No, no, no. Jacinth won't like that when she grows up." Kendall (the eldest boy) stated, "It should be like a... diamond or something..." Then everyone saw the Queen glide in through jeweled curtains, bearing a male baby named Idwin. With husband close behind, they sauntered towards their new-born daughter.

The king's voice was gravelly as he spoke, but gentle, "Dearest bairn, through your astonishing journey of life, you shall be accompanied by young, Sir Idwin." there was a silence while the boy nibbled at Queen Amber's pearl necklace, making her laugh softly.

"Ohoh! Give me thaaat Deeaar." she calmly pulled the pearls back to her chest, still beaming.

The girl infant stared at her potential best friend with fuchsia colored eyes, and a simpleminded smile. With not a single thought in her, she watched him playfully try to grab the bubbles again, then, he looked at her. His light brown hair floating back as his head turned, he grinned and wiggled a hand, as if to wave.

Jacinth's strong father picked her up, carrying her across the room.

"Glimeren!" Gemie (six years old) happily shouted. The others whispered their thoughts as Mother said, "Oh my little Gemstone. Jacinth Glimeren Munelit is wonderful." They all laughed, and when she brushed away her strawberry blonde hair, she saw from the corner of an Amber eye, Jared walking to the hall. He said, "Come dear wife, let us bring them to frolic in the clouds."

She followed him with Idwin downstairs to what would be the front lawn, surrounded by sparkling stars amongst the night. Jared and Amber sat the babies down to play, watching them crawl as Idwin picked up a fluff of lilac cloud then threw it in the blowing air letting it fall like snow showing his widest mouth.

Around the castle were two small, blush pink rowboats covered with fairy dust, which were tied down by posts, except for one.

The younger royal children were upstairs looking through their telescope searching for constellations when Nathaniel tilted it downward only to see his little sister in a boat beginning to soon fly away. He yelled! Angel pulled him out of the room to grab the others, beckoning them while rushing by.

"Daddy!!!" the children cried when they made it to the doors!

"Oh my! No, JARED!" his wife called. The father quickly ran to his little girl, kicking up puffs of cloud behind. Everyone knew magic would not let him fall off once he reached the edge but Amber in a blind panic gave Idwin to her oldest daughter Rose Gold then pulled her husband backwards. The raft was fast as it gently flew off. Leaving his reach, he collapsed into the soft floor. They all watched her smile, unknowingly float down to the purple meadow below them.

A gust of wind sharply ran over Jared's face, "I must go after her!" he exclaimed.

The tiny ship landed next to a wide yellow-leafed tree and Amber could see a couple walking about. She told Jared to stop. They kneeled down watching until, hopefully,whoever they were turned away from their youngest daughter but the couple found the child and worried that she was lost. There was fear in his silver eyes as he whispered, "Jacinth, forgive your father. You are always loved, no matter where you are." Mother stood to embrace her husband, telling him it was for the best, that she would be safe. They could not go after her now, not when the woman on the ground picked up their daughter and claimed her as their own. Rulers of the Moon were meant to hide from others as often as they could so leaving Jacinth with those two was for the better. Jared along with his oldest son took the second boat, rowing the oars as soon as there was no one in the meadow, to retrieve the one left sitting there.

On the stairs inside the foyer Amber cried while Jared sat next to her, "To be sure she never feels alone, we will send the boy." he grabbed a silver star pendant from his neck and spoke, "Young bairn, by the power of stars all around, you are able to be insubstantial as is air to guide Jacinth through life with only those of the Moon family able to see and hear you. Once the both of you have expanded your minds enough, and presume it time, you shall come tangibly face to face with her."

He put The Pendant around Idwin's tiny neck, "Now go. "The queen carefully lifted the baby above as he illuminated, and gradually disappeared.