Chapter 12 Forever a Dreamer

The hot day after, Chase came back, he had a bad feeling when he stepped onto the porch, he listened to the TV mixed with laughter letting himself in. "Yo."

"Hi." Jay laughed, turning the show off, "What do you want?"

"I uh..." he looked to a purple hoodied boy sitting. Bewildered he wondered outloud, "Imaginary friends can't become real.... can they?"

Jacie's smile from watching cartoons dissipated and when she realized it, she had tried to get it back, but too late, she was upset now, "Whatever he was, who cares?" Idwin got to his feet, "All that matters is, I'm here because she loves me."

"What're you talking about!? Red, you're IN LOVE with this abomination!!!?"

"There's more than one kind of love, Stupidger." Chase in anger punched him hard as he could, the older stood with pride, "I can't feel physical pain Pipsqueak."

"WHAT???"

The only girl there was forced to tell him what was really going on.

"Chase, I want you to go home /and STAY/ there. Stop coming by to visit me." the truth spilled out like an overfilled dam, "Sincerely you don't make me happy. You put me down, don't care for the things I care about. I don't need people like /that/ in my life, so get.Out.Already."

"Fine. Sadly I started to think that was how you felt. Now I know it's true and guess I'll take my leave. *Sigh* Farewell Loony Girl."

"Bye Stupid Boy." she stood up walking him to the door, then lightly kicked him. He left to his car sighing, with hands in pockets.

/Crazy magic mumbo jumbo..../*Gasp!* Suddenly a faint voice in the wind urged him to drive to Shipwrecked Heart.

He stood on the beach with shoes getting soaked from waves crashing on the shore.

"Haven't any clue what I'm doing here." Looking to the rising sun over the ocean. The sea's messenger dolphin saw him and thunder bolted to the edge of the trench far below. She notified the ruler's merman servant then a green Fairemaide quickly swam to the surface. She asked, "Remember me?"

"I guess...."

"Well son. I can sense you've failed me. Being that you can no longer dispirit the daughter, on the other hand you have not been /entirely/ useless... Tsk. Frankly I've grown tired of & given up on you both."

"Good. 'Cause I'll never be convinced that you're nothing but a fictional book thing!" he shouted.

"Hem! You are free to go."Pipp flicked her hand to the young man as she turned her back and left. Chase walked away as well, continuing on with his life. Forgetting about Empress Pippa plus anything she had told him.

Jared II pulled the final star of the night into his palms when he took note of their enemy speaking with his sister's ex-friend below. He told his parents after they finished, that he heard she would stay far from Mistress Moon's child and they were relieved.

When Sapphire got up from her sleep she asked the others if they wanted to go to a playground. Jacie voted yes, "I need to get him off my mind." she groaned.

"Who?"

"Swipingger. I hate him so badly... so glad I kicked him out."

Kristy had just woken up, growing angry. She couldn't help but overhear the conversation walking in,"What did he do? Do we need to search and -DESTROY-!?"

"Hahaha! Nah, I'm well sure he'll leave me alone, trust me. Let's eat & get dressed!"

At the village park, they all ran to the swings. Idwin pushed Jacie high as he could, Sapphire and Kris, sat in their seats talking. With Mr. Sun gleaming, the 18 year old glanced over at everybody she cared about, thinking about her childhood, work at Crystalline Waters's Library, overcoming her social awkwardness, and the many other things she would accomplish.

The royal protectors watched the grown children from their clouds. Angel said, "She's free from them now. Why don't we bring her home to us?" the king met his wife's gaze although he spoke to everyone, "She has made a life there, we needn't take it away from her." Amber quietly sighed, hopeful they would reunite someday.

Although there were a few answers left, it was best for most to remain unknown for the time being. Jacinth was uncertain whether he had been a figment of her imagination back then but now he was a true living being and if that's how things were, then she decided that magic would always be in her heart (no matter what anybody said) and that's all she needed to be able to live happily ever after.

 Jacinth was uncertain whether he had been a figment of her imagination back then but now he was a true living being and if that's how things were, then she decided that magic would always be in her heart (no matter what anybody said) and that's a...