Chapter 3 Learning

Idwin began seeing her more persistently every day when she was not with her other friends. He only came around when she grew bored and was alone. Though they never came in physical contact with one another, they became very close companions in heart. He was still new to her and Jacie just had a problem with new people. She hoped he'd stay far enough away.Whereas, no matter how much he wanted, Idwin would not be able to hold her. Not yet.

Within weeks those feelings changed, she got comfortable being around him. One morning, Idwin was nowhere around, but when he was gone she never paid attention to it. She ran downstairs excitedly, knowing that on this cloudless day, an old friend named Sapphire would be coming over. Jay sat down on the floor by the fireplace in the living room nook, waiting, when Idwin showed up.

"Hi!' he greeted.

"Hello." she was too flabbergasted to notice where he came from.

"What're we doing?"

"Sapphy's coming to play!"Jacie giggled.

"You've known each other for along time, huh? Well... before she gets here," the boy shyly asked,"Can I stay with you... forever?"

"You're fun. I like you!" That was all she had to say. He could sense there was nothing else going to come from her. Knowing that meant yes, he impulsively gave her a hug although, his embrace was just like touching a ghost and to Jacie, being a naive little child not seeing the difference between him and everybody else, she genuinely believed he felt real.

"Heh... Look, she's here!" as soon as he said that, Jay immediately forgot about him, running happily to the front windows and he again disappeared.

"Jay-ah!!" the girls hugged each other tightly, then went back upstairs while Sapphire's older cousin went to visit his boyfriend next door.

	Sapphire Stelfens was a beautiful, hyperactive nine year old with shining amethyst eyes, light skin complimented by raven twin tails, and she spoke with a lovingly musical voice

"Man! Everybody has a crush on my brother! It's crazy!" she said as she brushed her doll's short hair on the bed.

"Silly." they were setting up the play scene for their toys, pretending to be bakers with tiny,plastic pastries as Aerglo the magpie kitten waltzed in and yawned.

"People frequently ask him out!"

"Fre.Freak cun-ly? Whas'at mean?"

Sapphire squinted while rubbing the three blue dots under her right eye, "Eh, I dunno, but my cousin says it all the time." then hopped off onto the floor, "Open the oven! We need twenty brownies stat!"

                                                                                    ***