Chapter 6 Guardian Angel

On the same beautiful morn hours, feeling warm and breezy, very few autumn leaves waved around on the branches, Jacie stood counting, playing hide and seek with her best guy friend. Angel stealthily ran around yards until she placed orchid eyes on Idwin hiding in the woodsy part of their long neighborhood. Before going up to him, she used her magical halo anklet to change her outfit into a pink and rainbow star dress so she would blend in.

"Heeey, I'm Angel. Do you mind if we talk?" He was confused. Had someone else actually noticed him?

He questioned, "You see me?"

"Yes silly Idwin." the very tall girl hushed her voice, "I come from the Moon kingdom."

"Why're you here?"

"I'm here to take your place."

Idwin's heart sank, "Why?"

She continued, "Id, you're as incorporeal as mist! It is not safe for you and the Pendant to be out in the open. So I will pretend to be you. If I succeed in my plan, the three of us can then go home together."

"What do you mean?"

Angel breathed out, "There's a wicked Fairmaide desiring the Silver Star. She wants to use it to make a poisonous tsunami which could drown everyone in the world. And, that power is what is holding you here. With them. If this mermaid steals it, no matter what she steals your life."

"WHAT!??! SHE CAN'T! I-I---!!! I HAF'TA be with Jay, we're best friends! Ooph, that siren can't take me away from her!" the young son's eyes started to water.

There was more to say, "Plus we can not tell Jacie about any of this. She's just a child who knows nothing about our kind, this could very well affect her. We must leave it all a secret until Siress is vanquished." Idwin had to cover the front of his head in dismay, "She has the necklace..."

Fright swept Angel's face.

Slowly, you could see his breath as he spoke, "...I gave it to her a few days ago. BUT I could... could take it back and the Fairemaide wouldn't ever know!"

"That takes care of the Pendant... now to see whether my idea will work." From above, the teen knew Jacie's other friends had magic of their own so she finished her words with a sly smile. "It'd be hidden from /her/. Then... if this plan goes smoothly, we'll just have ourselves a little fight."

Jacie poked her way through the trees wondering where the boy with the purple hoodie could have gone. She then met a strange girl sitting on the grass, cross legged looking about as golden blonde strands gently flew behind little wing like flaps on her shoulders. Jacie fell curious as to who this beautiful yet mysterious lady had been. Angel stopped and pushed herself up while disconnecting her legs. She stood like a giant, still just as towering without her white wedges on.

/She's clearly older than me. Hey...where is he?/

"I don't see my friend, Liar..."Jacie said, sadly still trying to search for him,

"My real name's Angel." the teen confessed, "I've been a girl this whole time, but I couldn't tell you. And I realized you'd find out sooner or later so yeah."

Marla summoned, "Jacie honey! Time for breakfast!" Jay skipped along to her house, the blondie grabbed the case from underneath a bush and followed the other way slowly after watching as Idwin disappeared into the red haired's heart. She was real, so the old couple would know she was there which would stir up questions. However, she was smart enough to greet them alone and told them a lie about needing somewhere to stay including being friends with their child, which they believed and welcomed her in, all the while their daughter was up in her room.
The playful girl ran down the stairs with a small reindeer on her back zooming out of the kitchen to the living room nook. Determined, the older sat down pushing her hair behind.