Chapter 4 Protective Lies & Dreaded Secrets

School began once again. Jacie stood in front of the creaky, glass doors with her pudgy reindeer, thinking of the kids from pre-k, in curious amazement. Then, she remembered her comrade. Somehow, he was now there, wearing a green, fuzzy scarf.

"Hey," he whispered, "How're you feeling?" Jacie turned head slightly

"I don't know... It's different. Will you go in with me?" Idwin gave her a confident grin, making her uneasy.

'"Sure. But then I'm leaving you by yourself for a while, okay?"
"Whhy!? Stay with mee!" She shoved the stuffed toy in his face, Idwin kept smiling and just made for the entrance.

"I said I'd help you, I meant it. Hem-hem! Come on."

She pouted, "Mmmmm...."

                                                                                     ***

On the inside, kindergarten smelled just like almond extract and after walking through a short hallway, Jacie found her class.

"Students, there are name tags on top of the tables. Please find yours and take your seats." the teacher told her children, "To start off the school year, we have a special surprise for you all!" she motioned in a orange eyed girl carrying medium sized bags of goodies.

"Class, this is one of our teachers' aid, Kristy. Go ahead, Sweetie." she passed out the treats. When she noticed Jacie, she became even more peppy, "Hellooo! Heeeeey."

"H-Hi."

"Don't worry, you'll find other nice people here. We can meet by our old sitting place at recess and I'll introduce you." Jacie nodded then saw the things spilled on the desk in front of her, crayons, candy, including a small rubber ducky!

By the time Book Reading was done and they ate, the students went outside to play, but Jacie walked on the sandbox's boarder with head down by herself. She was not thinking of what young Ulla told her to do, those words had COMPLETELY left her brain, leaving only silence. Then she looked up to see a boy taller than her. It was Idwin!